FIVE

Three months had passed.

Jimin sat on a rocking chair enjoying the wind blowing past him. He was gradually moving on with life, it was almost as if he imagined Taehyung but there were times when he would touch the bracelet in his hand and reminisce. What would have happened if he had plucked up the courage and asked Taehyung to stay. Would he have agreed or just laughed at his face? He didn't know but pangs of regret flowed through him whenever such thoughts returned to him.

Everything would have been peaceful until some weeks ago, strange men started visiting the inn. Their leader happened to be the owner of the nightclub where Yumi worked. It seemed Yumi had done something wrong and they came to settle it.

That particular day, Jimin was behind the house as usual working on his sculpture when Yumi entered in a state of panic.

"Jimin, we have to hurry! We have to leave here!"

"What are you talking about?" Jimin asked, confused about Yumi's uncharacteristic behavior. From the sound of her voice to her heavy breathing, he could sense her fear.

"Jimin, please we have to leave!" She cried.

"What's wrong? What's chasing you?"

"We don't have time. They're coming!" She screamed. He heard her grunt, her feet scraping the ground.

"Don't blame me okay. I told you!"

Jimin was extremely confused. "Just hang on for a couple of days. I'll be back!"

"What are you talking about?" He asked but all he could hear were fading footsteps. Jimin stood frozen for a while trying to break down Yumi's words but he found it hard to do so. He didn't hear Yumi's voice the rest of the day. It looked like she had run away. He went to her room and felt for her clothes but it seemed his suspicions were right.

His Aunt had upped and abandoned him with no reasonable explanation. He felt terrible but he tried not to show it. He tried to be strong thinking to himself that it was only a matter of time before she too left. It must have been a burden for her, looking after her blind nephew at her young vibrant age when she was still full with so much life. It must be a relief for her. He wasn't surprised. After all, that's how it had always been, people he loved and cherished somehow, always ended up leaving him.

He clenched his fist and fought back his tears as he made his way back to the backyard but the next day, he was going to be paid a visit by some unlikely people. Jimin was at the counter when the front door flung open and someone entered, their shoes leaving a heavy sound in his ears.

He sensed danger in the air as he felt a presence nearing him.

"Does a woman named Yumi live here?"

"Who are you and what do you want with her?"

A soft chuckle escaped the other's lips.

"You must be related to her. You have her features" The voice was cool and whispery sending shivers down Jimin's spine

"Please identify yourself!" Jimin pressed on. Even though he was terrified, he tried not to show it.

Another chuckle escaped the man's lips.

"Why do you keep looking elsewhere. Can't you look straight at me?"

Jimin fidgeted and it was then, the man laughed.

"Oh... you're blind"

"I've never seen such a beautiful blind person before!"

Jimin felt hard fingers against his cheeks, Disgusted, he hit the hand away.