EIGHT

Jimin could hardly sleep that night. He sat awake on his bed looking out the window while hearing the familiar string of Taehyung's guitar but this time, he was singing as well, a soft melodious tune echoing from his lips that no doubt soothed Jimin's soul.

He thought about why Taehyung had come back and he still couldn't find the answer. He had said he was bored but this town was hardly interesting so it was a puzzle. A part of his heart was angry at Taehyung but the other half was giddy with excitement. He wanted to ask him so many questions. He wanted to chat with him long into the night and tell him so many stories but he had to maintain his dignity.

He had sort of given away his feelings and was indirectly rejected so he didn't want to look pathetic. Forcing himself, he laid back down and went back to sleep. Jimin awoke at the crack of dawn and busily went by his day. Some of the customers had left this morning so there were only a few guests remaining which brought a wave of relief to Jimin. Yumi had been absent from the inn for a few days leaving Jimin to cater to the guests on his own. It was a huge task but Jimin wasn't the type to be deterred by his situation.

This particular morning, Jimin strolled to the kitchen and grabbed his shopping basket. He was going to the nearby supermarket to purchase some groceries. Just as he was about to leave the house, someone held his hand gently.

"Hey, can I accompany you?"

Jimin already knew who it was just by the sound of his voice.

"Taehyung?"

"Yes, that's me!"

Jimin gulped. He had tried hard to ignore Taehyung's presence. His efforts had somewhat paid off until he felt him close by. His face reddened so he controlled himself and tried to appear as calm as possible. Without saying a word, he started to head towards the front door, the sound of the cane hitting the ground getting louder and louder.

Taehyung was confused as he stared at the back of the other.

"Hey!" He yelled and Jimin frowned.

"What are you waiting for? Aren't you coming?"

He was out of the inn and Taehyung followed behind him, smiling broadly. Within seconds, they were side by side strolling casually. Jimin didn't want to talk so the atmosphere was somewhat awkward. Taehyung was well aware of how uncomfortable it was so he decided to speak even though he wasn't sure Jimin would converse with him.

"So, how have you been this whole time?" He began.

No answer. Taehyung swallowed his pride and went on.

"You look really good. It's only been three months but you're glowing"

Jimin almost blushed but he hardened himself again. He had made up his mind he was not falling any deeper for Taehyung. It was much too humiliating.

Finally, he couldn't hear Taehyung's footsteps anymore so he stopped walking. Seconds later, he suddenly felt his presence, so close to him. He held his breath but continued to pretend he was unaffected.

"Jimin, why don't you say anything? Why don't you talk to me?"

He took a deep breath. "Are you mad at me or something?"

Jimin laughed nervously. "Of course not. Why would I be mad at you"

He sighed. "I just don't have anything to say to you that's all"

There was an uneasy silence and after some time, Taehyung spoke, his voice low and solemn.

"There's something you have to know. The reason why I came back"