NINE

Taehyung settled in nicely. He wasn't going anywhere. From the moment they confessed to each other, everything changed and when Yumi returned from wherever she had gone, she noticed it as well. The extra attention Taehyung was giving her nephew. He followed him everywhere, even when he was sculpting.

Yumi watched him move into their home. She noticed the little exchanges between the two and how Taehyung would tease Jimin in front of her and hold his hand. Yumi wasn't too sure what was going on since none of them have officially said anything so she waited to have a conversation with Jimin after Taehyung had left the kitchen. They had both been playing there, with Taehyung feeding Jimin fruit. The entire scene was so intimate, that Yumi felt as though she was interrupted. She had never seen Jimin that happy before.

"I'll be right back. Wait here" Taehyung said and pecked Jimin's chin before leaving. Now, Yumi was convinced They were in a relationship. She just had to confirm with her nephew. 

Jimin was smiling to himself as he chewed an apple when Yumi interrupted his thoughts.

"Tell me Jimin, what's going on between you and Taehyung"

"I thought it was pretty obvious already"

He smiled wider. "Taehyung and I are dating. We have decided to live together"

Yumi wasn't that surprised but she was curious to know the details.

"How did it happen? Why did he choose you?"

"I don't know either. It just happened"

He frowned. "Do I have to explain our relationship to you?"

Yumi shrugged. "I'm sorry. It's just a bit shocking you know..."

She paused. "Wait...he's going to live here in this house with us?"

Jimin frowned more deeply. "Do you have any problem with that?"

Yumi immediately shook her head. "Of course not, it's your house. You can do whatever you want"

She sighed. "It's just...you barely know him. You don't know the kind of life he's led before coming here"

"Are you worried about me?"

"It's not that. I'm just saying. Don't you think you're moving too fast? You've only known Taehyung less than six months and now, you're living together"

Jimin rolled his eyes. "My parents only knew each other three months before getting hitched. What's your point?"

"I don't know... I just have a bad feeling"

Jimin shook his head "Just stop it right there Aunt Yumi. I know where you're aiming at but just hold it right now"

He took a deep breath "There's really nothing you can do to stop me. I've made up my mind to be with Taehyung and live with him. It doesn't matter how long we've known each other, what matters is how I feel about him"

"I'm not interested in knowing how he had lived his life before. I'm just happy he chose to stay with me and when he's comfortable enough, I'm sure he will tell me everything about himself. Until then, I won't rush him or put pressure on him"

"Do you trust him that much?"

"I have to. I don't want to begin our relationship on a doubtful note so please I'm begging you to please, stay out of this"

Yumi didn't reply. Taehyung walked in at that moment and she snarled.

"Congratulations!"

Taehyung answered with a smile and she walked off. Jimin was sighing, trying to repress his anger when Taehyung returned.