THIRTEEN

He was gorgeous, unbelievably gorgeous and Jimin just stood there unknowingly leaving the other man's hand hanging in the air like that. He said his name was Kim Taehyung. Could it be a coincidence? Jimin's heart was rapidly beating as the other's piercing gaze was directed at him.

The other dropped his hand and stepped back a little, his face dropping slightly but in a second, the uneasiness on his face vanished.

"I've heard a lot about you. I was hoping to meet you Jimin"

Jimin nodded his head absent mindedly. It took him all of his efforts to finally be able to pull his eyes away from the other. He had never felt so drawn to someone as he was to this person. He cleared his throat nervously.

"Um... thank you. It's really nice to meet you. Kim... Taehyung"

Saying that name felt strange however Taehyung's light hearted smile put him at ease.

"Can you come with me?" he said and the two began to walk side by side. As they did, they engaged in conversation.

"I'm sorry to have brought you here under such short notice. It's only that I like having things done discreetly"

Jimin nodded his head looking around and taking note of the hardened looking men stationed at each parts of the house. It seemed Taehyung took security seriously. Jimin began to wonder what Taehyung did for a living but at the moment, it wasn't his business to pry. He went on to listen as Taehyung continued to speak.

"I only arrived at this city and got this place because I was attracted to the beautiful sculptures around it"

He stopped in front of one, a statue of a woman holding a baby in her. Taehyung's expression looked forlorn and his eyes were a little watery as he looked at it.

"I'm drawn to sculptures. They remind me of a lot of things... Beautiful things"

Then he looked at Jimin and laughed. Jimin could immediately sense bitterness in his tone but waved it aside as he continued to look at the other man's face. Taehyung became serious again and went on.

"Like I said Jimin. I'm a very private person. I do all of my dealings very privately. Those who work for me are very discreet. They have to be because I'm a person with a lot of enemies. Lots of them"

Jimin shuddered.

"But why?"

Taehyung but his lips. "You don't have to know..."

Jimin shifted uncomfortably his breath hitching as Taehyung came closer.

It would be rational if he rejected this deal but for some reason he couldn't. It wasn't about the money. Even though it was tempting. However, knowing who this man really was was more important. He could feel the other man's eyes on him. He saw him bite his lips and damn it was so sexy. He heaved heavily and continued.

"I don't know how your schedule is lile but I'd very much prefer if you take my job as your top most priority."

He smiled. "I'll make it worth your time. I promise"

Jimin smiled. "What's your offer?"

"Three hundred thousand dollars!"

Jimin's breath hitched. This man must have so much money to throw around but he decided to be chill about it, and gulped secretly.

"Well..."

"And I'll need you to live here during the rennovating period!" Taehyung interrupted and Jimin's eyes widened.

"Excuse me?"

"Do not worry. I can assure you, you'll be safe here!"

But Jimin shook his head. "No... that's not it. I can't stay here?"