O8.

Chapter n. 8, 

F E E L S

You kicked and bit the pillow constantly like a wild animal, being thankful that today Osamu was the one who would stay to take care of you, you were also thankful for teaching them what it was to have a siesta, which the boy was doing right now w...

You kicked and bit the pillow constantly like a wild animal, being thankful that today Osamu was the one who would stay to take care of you, you were also thankful for teaching them what it was to have a siesta, which the boy was doing right now while you pulled hairs desperately.

You couldn't stop thinking about what happened yesterday, he appears in your mind over and over again without stopping. The sound of fireworks in the background, the soft touch on your shoulder, Suna's face illuminated with various colors, his sharp gaze pruning on your lips, the contact of both coming together, the feeling of warmth and the stampede of mammoths in your interior that came the second after processing what happened.

You couldn't forget anything.

Even when you remember it, you live the sensation as if the essence of it had been captured on your lips, even a small tingle runs through your entire body. Your cheeks felt hot for a few seconds, you took the pillow biting it again and drowning a cry in it, in no way were you in love with a zillion-year-old spirit that could turn into a fox.

You went to the bathroom to splash some water on your face, sighing when you finished rubbing the palms of your hands over your face, you looked at yourself in the mirror with a small grimace, feeling a pang in your heart. Had you really fallen in love with an entity that protects the town since before you were born?

Yeah fuck, of course you did.

You grabbed your head with both hands, some drops of water fell from your jaw to the ground, that being the only sound besides your heavy breathing that constantly accelerated at the thought of that fox.

This was wrong.

You don't even know if it's possible to have a relationship with a spirit, of course he can conjure up a human body, behave like one and have that appearance, but it doesn't last forever, at most it can last a couple of days, needing another two to be able to recast. You knew that such a relationship would be impossible and unstable.

You also weren't counting the fact that he probably didn't even love you.

You don't know if they can experience that kind of sensation, although they may have become attached to you, it may have only been because of their mission to protect all the villagers in the area, especially now that you were at risk of being attacked by demons.

Your mood fell completely at the thought of that, you rubbed your face for the last time now feeling worse each time at your new mixed feelings.

You closed the bathroom door, trying not to make too much noise so as not to wake up Osamu because even though he could sleep in his human form, this effect would only last a few hours as they wouldn't really experience tiredness or fatigue. Apparently you failed to keep quiet because he was awake watching you from your bed like a hawk ready to strike. You smiled tiredly to sit next to him and hug a pillow, closed your eyes taking a few deep breaths, still feeling the spirit's piercing gaze on your form.

"Are you sad?"

"No, I'm just tired."

"You are sad."

"I've already told you that-" you turned your head to face him, your brow was slightly furrowed but it relaxed when you saw the boy's expression, which seemed to perceive your state of mind, there was no way to lie to him "Maybe I'm a little sad."

"Is it because of Suna?"

The mere mention of his name made your breath catch for a second, knowing that you couldn't hide anything from a god you let out all your worries on the subject, Osamu just listened to you silently nodding from time to time, evaluating the situation.

A human and a spirit. Lovers.

"Likewise, I don't think Suna really feels that kind of thing towards me."

"No, no..." he put his hands on your shoulders lifting you up "he is different whenever you are by his side, besides, isn't the kiss supposed to be a sign of that kind of love?"

"Y-yes well, b-but he was confused when he saw the other people."

He raised one of his eyebrows crossing his arms, got up grabbing one of your jackets along with a wool hat, put them on you without giving you time to react and carried you on his shoulder to run away. You kicked and groaned but, hell, he was a god, you clearly couldn't fight, letting yourself be dragged to the temple gates late at night.

He left you in the room where you used to talk to everyone, waiting like a fool until you almost choked on your own saliva at the sight of Suna. You were surprised to see the more nervous and disastrous appearance of him than the calm and reserved appearance of him, even thanks to the reflection of the moonlight you could see a small blush.

"Hey Suna, do you know why-?"

Your words were halfway, your hands were held gently but firmly, causing your body to get closer to the other's, you were going to speak again but you felt how his cold but soft lips fit with yours again, reliving that feeling of complete happiness. Your feelings were being reciprocated.

"This goes for the album."

Osamu muttered, finishing recording the video of the kiss with your stolen cell phone, exchanging glances with Atsumu and Kita, who, like him, were hidden behind a pillar. The three of them nodded to each other to leave, all with proud smiles.