1O.

Chapter n. 10,

E T E R N A L

You turned off the alarm clock lazily, wrapping yourself up in the warm sheets, not wanting to get rid of the heat that ran through your entire body, you closed your eyes for a few more minutes until you decided it would be a good idea to get up

You turned off the alarm clock lazily, wrapping yourself up in the warm sheets, not wanting to get rid of the heat that ran through your entire body, you closed your eyes for a few more minutes until you decided it would be a good idea to get up. With a heavy sigh you rubbed your eyelids, hoping the dream would go away but unfortunately it wouldn't go away until you had a good cup of coffee.

While you drank, your eyes roamed the landscape outside, you could see small quite rustic houses, their roofs covered with thick snow as well as the ground, the few people who were on the street were well dressed to protect themselves from the cold weather.

Your eyes focused for a moment on what appeared to be a couple laughing as they held hands, your eyes narrowed with a tone of sadness and longing. You looked away now looking at the small flat you were staying in for a couple of weeks, there was barely any furniture but it wasn't like you needed it either, despite everything you were billions of miles from Japan.

Months had passed, months that turned into years. Now, being a full adult, or so you wanted to think, you were traveling around the world trying to discover new species or signs of extinct animals. You managed to study what you liked, becoming a biologist who constantly travels exploring and meeting different types of animals, however, that could be considered more as the pretext for the real reason for your constant travels.

Despite the passage of time your search did not stop, because you could not feel it, your skins did not make contact since that day and despite all these years of intense search you did not despair, at least not so much as to give up, the world was big, but sometimes it can be like a handkerchief.

Despite not having seen him in years, your hope of meeting Suna again did not wane. At first you didn't believe what Kita told you when he made the transformation, since they didn't let you be present in case something happened to you. Then they told you that Suna simply disappeared without a trace, after a couple of readings the albino found the terms that had to be accepted for a kitsune to become human, ignoring the fact that eternal life would clearly be removed, there was another condition.

All your memories will be erased and your body will be transported away from its point of origin, so that you cannot remember.

Since that day you searched and searched, because you knew that Suna was still out there, waiting for you,
right now you were in Europe, somewhere in Russia, quite far from your home but with the same emotion of being able to cross paths with that boy.

You grabbed a pair of gloves, earmuffs and a hat, zipping up your jacket quickly to head out into the chilly streets, the town was only one train stop from the city so it didn't take long to hit the busy streets.

Your body, still warm, trembled slightly, a silly laugh escaped from your mouth as you remembered that time when Suna hugged you to regain warmth, you quickly erased your thoughts to start walking at a lighter pace, hoping to be able to cover as much ground as possible before it got too cold.

Despite your tireless search even through alleys you did not find anyone or similar, a little disappointed and frozen you entered the nearest cafe in the area, sighing loudly when you felt how your body warmed up. After ordering you sat looking out the window, many times you wondered what he was doing, had he found another partner? Will he have a job? Children? You also didn't know how old he must be so your curiosity was completely obvious.

"Excuse me miss your order will take a moment, we had problems."

You sighed at the change of language, was it so noticeable that you weren't from around there? You looked up to choke on your own saliva, unable to answer the boy who was serving you.

"It can't be..."

The waiter frowned, confused by the exchange of words that had obviously not been in English as he thought you were, your expression of surprise left him even more surprised.

"Are you Japanese?"

You both looked at each other, you nodded slowly, biting your lip with a terrible desire to throw yourself into the waiter's arms. It was him, Suna was there, however it would be too strange if you launched yourself at a 'stranger' so you continued the conversation.

"Do you understand Japanese?"

"Yes, although honestly I don't know how, I never studied it."

Apparently his memories had been erased but not his way of communicating, seeing how the conversation was going to end, you decided not to resist the impulse, a little desperate after spending so many years searching without success.

"I've missed you Suna."

He froze upon hearing his name pronounced by the lips of a stranger, looking at you with a downcast expression he opened his mouth but didn't say a word. His eyes now traveled all over your body, with a slight discomfort in his chest, every time he looked at your face a blurred image of a younger face hit his mind as if he wanted to remember something.

He shook his head to go to serve other customers who were waiting, still not removing that discomfort from his chest. You did not take your eyes off his figure throughout his shift, night was beginning to fall and even the cold could filter through the walls of the premises, Suna, who had been undecided whether to approach or not, sat down at your table just when his day ended, the feeling began to burn inside him, he needed to know who you were and why you seemed like someone he should talk to. You smiled warmly when you saw how anxious he was, but you couldn't deny that you were completely excited to be able to talk to him again, even if he doesn't remember you yet, the wait had been eternal.

"We have many things to tell each other, it's been a long time."

T H E                                  E N D