Chapter 14 ~ Hellos and Goodbyes

Malfoy Manor looked exactly like it did the last time I was here. It was dark and gloomy like always. There was no sign of light anywhere on the property. When we reached the gate, we watched as Bellatrix Lestrange walked over to the other side of the gate and looked at us. Scabior moved Harry's hair, revealing his scar. Then, he did the same with me. Bellatrix widened her eyes a little bit.

"I'll get Draco," she said, letting us inside. My heart skipped a beat when she mentioned his name.

Scabior and the other Snatchers led us inside the mansion and took us to the drawing room. It was a room that I had been in a few times, but nothing important happened here. I passed Draco a few times when I started staying here, but that was back when we wouldn't talk to each other.

Scabior threw Harry and I to the ground. Two Snatchers had Ron and Hermione while another Snatcher had Hermione's bag. Bellatrix left the room to go get Draco and his parents. I thought my heart was about to beat out of my chest. I was excited and nervous to see him at the same time. I wanted to smile when I saw his blond hair from a distance. I gasped when he entered the room and my heart was beating rapidly when our eyes met.

"Well?" Bellatrix asked Draco, raising her eyebrows and flashing Draco with her evil grin, which was making him uncomfortable.

The realization in his eyes came as he stared at me. He shook his head, snapping out of our gaze. "I...I can't be sure," he replied quickly.

"Listen, Draco," Lucius began to say in a whisper. "If we're the ones to hand the Potter twins over to the Dark Lord, then all would be forgiven. Everything will be like they were before."

"Now let's not forget who actually caught them, Mr. Malfoy," Scabior retorted from behind him.

"You dare to talk to me like that in my own house?!" Lucius shouted, making us flinch a little.

Narcissa hissed at him and pulled him beside her.

"Don't be shy, sweetie. Come over," Bellatrix said, taking his hand and letting him get down on his knees in front of us. "Now, if these two aren't who we think they are, Draco, and we call him, he'll kill us all. We need to be absolutely sure."

Draco stared at me for a brief moment. "What's wrong with their faces?"

"Yes, what is wrong with their faces?" Bellatrix repeated.

"They came to us like that," Scabior answered. "Something they picked up in the forest, I reckon."

"Or they ran into a Stinging Jinx," Bellatrix whispered. "Was it you, dearie?" she asked Hermione, pointing at her. "Give me her wand. We'll see what her last spell was." Bellatrix checked her wand, realizing she was right, then began to laugh, but then she let out a gasp when she saw the sword. "Where did you get that?" she asked the Snatcher.

"It was in her bag when we searched her. Reckon it's mine now," he replied with a smirk.

All of a sudden, Bellatrix began to attack all of the Snatchers. She yelled at them to get out while she had the sword in her hand, storming towards Hermione. "Cissy, put the boys in the cellar! I want to have a conversation with this one, girl-to-girl! Lucius, take the other girl!"

Narcissa handed Harry and Ron to Wormtail, while Bellatrix had Hermione. I, however, was taken by Lucius Malfoy. He took me to the ballroom and threw me on the ground.

"Now let's see who you really are," he said, shooting a spell at my face.

I screamed, covering my face with my hands. I looked up at Lucius as his eyes went wide.

"Potter," he muttered. "I didn't think I'd see you again."

"Don't you dare come near me," I snapped.