Chapter 20 ~ The Search

"Harry, where are we going?" I asked him as he was dragging me out of the Great Hall.

"We're going to find the Horcrux, of course!" Harry shouted, still holding onto my hand as we ran up some stairs.

"Well, where exactly--"

"Harry! Max!" Ron called out from behind us. We stopped running and turned around. "Hermione and I have been thinking..."

"I bet it was just Hermione who was thinking," I teased.

"Hey, I was thinking, okay?" he said to me. "Anyway, it doesn't matter if we find a Horcrux."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"Well, unless we can destroy it, then there's no use in looking for one," Hermione spoke up.

"So we were thinking--"

"Well, Ron was thinking, actually. It was Ron's idea. It's brilliant," Hermione interrupted him.

"Told you I had been thinking!" Ron said to me. "But back to what I was saying, you two destroyed Tom Riddle's Diary with a Basilisk fang, right?"

"Well, I destroyed it," Harry answered. "Max was just there to distract the Basilisk from killing me."

"At least the diary was destroyed and Ginny was okay," I pointed out. "I made sure that Basilisk didn't get near you, Harry."

"Back to my brilliant idea now," Ron cut us off. "As I was saying, Harry destroyed the diary with the Basilisk fang. Well, me and Hermione think we know where we might find one."

We knew what Ron was talking about. He was talking about the Chamber of Secrets.

Harry nodded his head. "Okay, but take this," he said, handing Ron the Marauder's Map. "Use it to find us when you guys get back."

"Where are you two going?" Hermione asked us.

"Yeah, where are we go-- Harry!" When I turned around, Harry began running up the stairs again.

"We're going to the Ravenclaw Common Room!" he shouted as he turned around to face us. "Gotta start somewhere, right?"

With that, I parted ways with Ron and Hermione. I did my best to catch up with Harry while trying to dodge students that were running down the stairs.

"Harry, slow down!" I yelled at him. "You know that I'm slow!"

"Well, hurry up! We have to get to the Ravenclaw Common Room!" he shouted.

I groaned as I ran even faster when I began to chase him up the spiral staircase.

"Harry! Max!" I heard Luna's voice calling out to us from behind me. "Wait up! I need to talk to you two!"

"We're a bit preoccupied at the moment, Luna!" I shouted, not stopping or turning around for her.

"You won't find anything where you're going! You're wasting your time!"

"We'll talk later, okay, Luna?" Harry shouted.

"But, guys--"

"Later!" Harry and I shouted.

"HARRY AND MAXINE POTTER! YOU LISTEN TO ME RIGHT NOW!" Luna screamed at the top of her lungs, which made us turn around with wide eyes.

"Damn, she just used my real name," I whispered to Harry as he walked down beside me. "She's getting serious now."

"Don't you two remember what Cho said about the diadem?" Luna questioned. "There's not a person alive who's seen it. It's obvious, isn't it? We have to talk to someone who's dead."