Chapter 31 ~ Nineteen Years Later

Nineteen Years Later

I was walking in King's Cross Station with Draco and our son, Scorpius Malfoy. Today, he was heading off on the Hogwarts Express to begin his first year at Hogwarts. I was worried about him getting into trouble while he was there.

I could see the memories flooding back to me, seeing myself at Scorpius' age. It changed my life, that was certain. With each year that passed, I was just about to get teary-eyed, so happy that I made it this far to see my own son leave for Hogwarts, the one place that truly felt like home to me.

Once we got to the wall that took us to the platform, I huffed a sigh. "I can't believe this is happening," I commented.

"Yeah, we're getting old," Draco replied, chuckling.

I rolled my eyes. "We're not that old," I reminded him.

"Perhaps not, but it sure feels that way with Scorpius growing up so fast," he said.

I nodded my head. "True." I paused. "Okay, Draco, go with him through the wall," I told him.

"But I want to go through it by myself!" Scorpius whined.

"Come on, Max, he'll be fine," Draco assured me.

I huffed a sigh and looked at Scorpius. "Okay, fine. Just be careful."

He nodded his head and held onto his cart with his trunks on it. He ran through the wall, followed by us.

"That was awesome!" he shouted.

As we got his trunks onto the train, I looked at him. "Okay, Scorpius. Please behave yourself and follow the rules, understand?"

"Did you and Dad ever follow the rules while you were at Hogwarts?" he asked me.

"Oh, your mum and I broke the rules while we were at Hogwarts," Draco said, smirking at me. "Your mum convinced me that it was a good idea."

"I did not!" I protested.

"Well, that's how you managed to slither in my bed," he whispered in my ear, making me blush.

I took a deep breath, feeling my heart beating faster and my face getting hot. "Okay, bye, Scorpius," I said, changing the subject and hugging Scorpius before anyone noticed how flustered I was.

"Look, it's Uncle Harry!" Scorpius exclaimed, pointing in another direction after we pulled away from the hug.

I looked over and saw Harry and Ginny walking with their three kids. I went over to Harry and gave him a hug. "Is Albus nervous at all?" I asked him.

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "He hasn't said much about it. What about Scorpius?"

"Excited, I'm pretty sure," I replied. "He couldn't stop asking us questions about the classes and the teachers and just about every little detail he could think of."

Harry chuckled. "He's so much like you."

"Well, he is my son," I pointed out, smiling.

We looked over at Albus, who stopped for a moment to tie his shoe.

"You think something is wrong?" I asked.

"Knowing Albus, it wouldn't surprise me," Harry stated. "Maybe he's more nervous than I thought."

"How about we go give him a little pep talk?" I suggested. "Maybe that'll ease his nerves."

Harry and I went over to him, where his hands were shaking, his expression getting more worried.

"Everything okay, Al?" Harry spoke up.

"Dad," Albus said. "What if I am put in Slytherin?"

Harry sighed, staring at his son. "Albus Severus Potter, you were named after two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was put in Slytherin and he was the bravest man that Aunt Max and I have ever known."

"Besides, being in Slytherin isn't so bad. Uncle Draco was in Slytherin as well," I pointed out. "He turned out just fine."

Albus looked down at his feet for a brief moment, then back at us. "But just say that I get put into Slytherin. What happens then?"

"Then Slytherin House will have gained a wonderful young wizard," Harry told him. "But if it really means that much to you, then you can pick Gryffindor. The Sorting Hat takes your choice into account."

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah. I mean, how else did you think your dad and I got into Gryffindor?" I said.

"Did you guys really ask to be in Gryffindor?" Albus questioned in shock.

Harry nodded his head. "Don't tell James, though. He might get upset that I didn't tell him that when he was eleven."

Albus smiled a little. We smiled back at him when we realized that it was time for the train to leave.

"Are you ready?" Harry asked Albus.

"Ready," he replied.

I smiled a little and watched as Albus, James, and Rose, Ron and Hermione's Hermione's oldest daughter, got on the train. Draco came to me and held my hand as Scorpius saw us through the window.

"Do you remember Hogwarts at all, Max?" Harry asked me.

I nodded my head. "How could I forget Hogwarts?"

I remembered Hogwarts so well. From the first day I entered the castle, to the last day I threw the broken Elder Wand from the bridge, I knew everything that happened while I was there. Because Hogwarts was my home for a long time. Even though there were times when people tried to kill me while I was there, I still wanted to go back to Hogwarts and just stay there and relive my good memories with my friends and with Draco.

Through the good times and bad times, the castle was always there for me, and I hoped it would have the same impact on others as it did with me and my twin.

Finally, the train left the station. We all waved goodbye to our kids as they were heading off to Hogwarts.

"Do you think they'll be just as much trouble as we were when we were their age?" I asked Harry.

"Probably," Harry replied. "But we were double trouble." He smiled at me.

I smiled back at him. He was right. We were double trouble and I had a feeling that it would always stay that way for the rest of our lives.

END OF BOOK FIVE