Chapter 30 ~ I Do

Draco and I decided to get married in August. We didn't want to wait a long time to get married and we knew what we wanted for this wedding. Everything was going to be perfect.

On the day of the wedding, I was nervous. As I looked in the mirror with my dress on, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I saw Hermione and Ginny come into the room and gasped when they saw me.

"Max, you look beautiful!" Hermione exclaimed in awe. "I can't believe one of my best friends is getting married today."

"Same here," Ginny added. "How do you feel?"

"Nervous," I answered. "Really nervous."

"That's normal," Hermione replied. "Do you have your something old, something ne--"

"Yeah, yeah, I got all of that," I answered. I had to have something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a galleon in my shoe. I was wearing my bracelet with all my charms on it, so that was something old. My wedding dress was new. The earrings belonged to Hermione, so that was something borrowed, and I had a blue ribbon tied to my bouquet.

The door opened up, revealing Narcissa. "Hello," she said. "You look lovely, Maxine."

I smiled a little. "Thank you, but it's--"

"Max, I know," she cut me off. "But I do like your name." She paused, sighing, then looking at Hermione and Ginny. "Do you mind if I have some alone time with my future daughter-in-law, girls?" They nodded and left the room, closing the door behind them. Narcissa looked back at me. "I wanted to apologize."

"Apologize?" I repeated, confused.

"Yes, for how me and my family treated you all these years."

I felt my heart drop. "Oh, Narcissa--"

"No, please listen." She put her hand up, sitting down, motioning me to do the same. "It was wrong for all of us, especially me. I stood by and did nothing to stop my husband from hurting you. Draco has learned from his mistakes, and so have I, and I hope that you forgive me."

I carefully wiped my eyes. "Yes, of course. You're nothing like Lucius, you know."

She nodded and sighed, taking my hands. "You've changed Draco. I've never seen him so happy. He really loves you."

I took a deep breath, nodding my head. "I love him, too."

She gave me a hug, a warm embrace. "I wish you two nothing but the best." With that, she got up and left the room, closing the door behind her.

I only got ten seconds of being by myself then the door opened again. It was Harry.

"Hey," I greeted him.

"Wow, Max," Harry said to me. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I said, smiling, then looking back in the mirror. "Merlin, this is crazy," I added in a whisper.

"Nervous, I assume?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Very nervous right now. I just wish Mum and Dad were here right now."

"You'll be fine. You look beautiful, by the way."

"When do we start?" I asked.

"Not long now," he replied. "You ready?"

I nodded my head again. "I think so."

He nodded his head and we walked out to get in our places. Harry was going to walk me down the aisle since he was the one who was giving me away to Draco. He handed me my bouquet.