Chapter 5 ~ Temporary Home

"Where are we?" Ron asked as the four of us were walking past people, bumping into them.

"Shaftesbury Avenue," Hermione replied, "I used to come to the theater here with Mum and Dad. I don't know why I thought of it. It just popped into my head."

"We need to get off the streets," Harry announced.

"Well, considering the fact that we just Apparated in the middle of the road in front of a bus around a bunch of Muggles--" I started to say.

"Okay, okay, I get it, Max," Harry interrupted me.

We followed Hermione all the way to a dark alley.

"A dark alley? I don't expect to get mugged here," I muttered to myself in a sarcastic tone.

"We need to change," Hermione said. She pulled out a purple bag and began reaching inside of it. She began pulling out clothes for all of us.

"How the ruddy...?" Ron began to say.

"Undetectable Extension Charm," Hermione and I said at the same time.

"You're amazing, Hermione," he said, smiling a little.

"Always the tone of surprise," she said, handing us our clothes. Suddenly, something fell inside her bag. "Ah. That'll be the books."

Harry and Ron went to another area to change into their clothes while Hermione and I stayed where we were and changed into our clothes. Hermione had packed me a dark purple shirt, a black jacket, a pair of jeans, and my black converses.

"I saw you and Viktor at the wedding," I said, unzipping my dress. "What did you two talk about?"

"We were just catching up, that's all," she responded. "Why?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Someone I know was kind of upset that he was there."

"Was it Ron?" I nodded. "He can't let go of the past, can he?"

"Oh, come on, Hermione. I found it cute that Ron was jealous," I said, putting on my shirt and then my jeans.

"Don't you remember what happened in fourth year? Ron was so jealous of Viktor that he decided to take out his hatred for him on me. It was all because he didn't ask me to the Yule Ball before Viktor did."

"At least you went to the Yule Ball with someone decent," I told her as I was getting my jacket on.

"I thought you liked Draco now," Hermione pointed out.

"Things were different back then. Fourth year wasn't really our year," I replied, slipping on my converses.

She laughed at my comment as she pulled up her jeans and buttoned them up. She grabbed our dresses and shoes and stuffed them inside her bag. We met up with Harry and Ron by a streetlight and contemplated on where we should go now.

"I think there's a café nearby," I suggested. "Maybe we should go there and figure out what to do next."

"Good idea," Harry said, nodding in agreement.

The four of us headed for the café and went inside. We all sat down at a table. Harry and I sat down beside each other, facing the counter, and Ron and Hermione sat down across from us, facing the door.

"So what about all the people at the wedding?" Harry began speaking. "Do you think we should go back?"

"They were after you and Max," Ron said. "We'd put everyone in danger by going back."

"Ron's right," Hermione added as the waitress walked over to our table.

"Coffee?" she asked.

"I'll have a cappuccino," Hermione replied.