Chapter 21 ~ The Things We Do for Love

I was running all over the school, looking for Draco. He was nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere for him, but I had a feeling that with all the running around and fighting that was happening, it was going to be hard to find him. I just wanted to tell him that I loved him before it was too late.

Huffing a sigh, I was about to give up. I just decided to go to the Room of Requirement and look for Harry. It was quiet once I got near the Room of Requirement. All of a sudden, I heard voices.

"Are you sure you saw someone go inside?" a voice that sounded like Crabbe spoke up.

"Yeah, are you sure, mate?" another voice, which sounded like Goyle's voice, added.

"I'm positive. Let's go, you two. We can't waste any more time," another voice said. It was Draco's voice.

I ran as fast as I could, trying to catch up with him. "Draco?" I called out once I turned the corner. But he was already inside the Room of Requirement. I ran up to the wall and closed my eyes. "I need to get inside," I whispered to myself. "I need to see him. I need to tell him that I love him."

Suddenly, I was able to get inside. I ran in the Room of Requirement and looked around. I didn't see Draco or Harry anywhere. I began to walk around, hoping that I would run into one of them. So far, I saw no one in sight. That was when I heard the door open again.

"It seems darker and a bit bigger, don't you think?" I heard Ron say.

"It does, actually. We'll never find them in here," I heard Hermione reply to him.

I ran back to see Ron and Hermione. I was glad that they were okay. Hermione gasped when she saw me. When I approached her, I gave her a hug and she hugged me back.

"I'm so glad you're okay," she said. "Where's Harry?"

"I have no idea, but Draco's in here, too," I told the others.

"What?" Ron asked. "Does he know about the Horcruxes?"

I shook my head. "No, I didn't tell him about the Horcruxes. We've got to find Harry, so let's go."

The three of us began to walk deeper into the room. I wasn't sure how we were going to find the diadem in here. This room did get bigger. Before we could start a conversation, we heard voices.

"Come on, Draco. Don't be a prat," Goyle said. "Just do it!"

Draco.

"No!" I shouted. Without thinking, I ran. I had to see Draco.

Ron and Hermione were running behind me. Finally, I saw his face, where we locked eyes for a brief moment.

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione shouted from behind me.

"Avada Kedavra!" Goyle shouted at her, a green light coming her way.

"Stupefy!" she screamed, aiming at Goyle. But she missed and hit a box instead.

I saw Draco running away, so I followed him. I heard Ron's voice behind me.

"That's my girlfriend, you numpties!" he yelled.

"Girlfriend?!" I repeated, turning around to face him.

Ron's face went red when I said that. I was going to get on him and Hermione about that later, but finding Draco was more important. Ron and I stopped running when we saw a flash of orange in front of us.

"Fiendfyre!" I shouted at Ron.

"Max, get out of here!" Draco came out of nowhere.

"What? No, I'm not leaving you!" I cried.