1

..:^:..

     Cyan hair whipped down the side of the mountain. Fawn was graceful and agile, just like her father. She paused at the base of her grand home, watching her friend slip and struggle, lacking agility, unlike her. 

     "I don't understand...ugh...how you elves......do this!" Mari whined, her brunette hair flipped around her face in the wind. The faint strawberry pink highlights underneath her hair glowed in the sunlight. Fawn laughed.

     "I don't know, it naturally comes," she shrugged. Mari waddled her way over to Fawn, muttering something about stag gods and whatnot. She squinted at Fawn's face.

     "Girlllllll! How do you get your lashes to be so long?" she wailed, completely out of the blue. Fawn scrunched her nose.

     "Mascara, ever used it?" Mari groaned,

     "No, genius, I live underwater for dolphin's sake!" Fawn snorted, realizing her brainless mistake. 

    "Come on, my dad said I had to take you home, let's go." Mari followed Fawn.  They passed through the Overgrown. 

     "Wanna stop at House Blossom?" Fawn asked. She wanted to see Queen Katherine. 

     "Sure, why not," Mari shrugged. The pair skipped along to Katherine's palace, giggling and pushing each other as the hopped. 

     "Aunt Katherine?" Fawn called as the entered. She called all of the Empire rulers her Aunts and Uncles. Other than her father, of course. 

     "Ahhh, Fawn, Prismarine, lovely to see you!" Katherine chirped, floating in from a hallway off to the left. Mari winced at her full name, still embarrassed as she was a second year at Crystal Cliffs when she shared with the whole class that her mum had named her after their Empire's export. "Is there something you need?" 

     "No, we were just stopping by, wanting to say hello," Mari smiled.

     "I was wondering, when can I see my custom flower?" Katherine grinned at Fawn.

     "You'll get to see it this afternoon. Scott- I mean your father is coming by with you, we have plushy business to attend to," Katherine's gaze melted into a giddy, sly expression as she spoke of her plushies. Her castle was covered in them already. Especially her quarters. 

    "Well we'll be off then. I'm supposed to be taking Mari home," Fawn says. 

     "Oh well then you better go. Tell Lizzie I say Hi!" Katherine calls after the girls as they run away. Katherine smiles to herself. Her attention quickly snaps to a vine on the ground. She swore she saw a glint of red as in grew down. But the only red she could see was the hue of the roses in the distance. She turned back around. Katherine waved at some villagers passing through the castle. She shrugged off her vision playing with her. There hadn't been any corruption in 15 years, what would make it come back now?

..:^:..

       "Mum, I back!" Mari called. Fawn squeezed her wet hair out, from her cyan roots to blonde tips. It's the way her hair always had looked. Queen Lizzie, draped in a dark blue strappy dress that trailed behind her. The front of the was open, showing off her blue colored bare feet. Mari looked pink herself. Lizzie's strawberry pink hair was pulled half up into buns. She smiled warmly at Fawn,

     "Ah, ocean's greetings, welcome back to the Prisma Palace, Fawn."

     "Hi, Aunt Lizzie," Fawn curtsied. "It was magnificent taking a swim again...forgive me for any splotches of ice I may have left on my trail." The three stood there, staring at each other with flat faces. Then in unison, they all broke out laughing.

    "You were so proper!" Mari wailed. 

     "I know!" Fawn squealed. A man with brown hair, identical to Mari's walked in. 

     "Having fun without the rest of us, ladies?" he asked.

     "Hi, Uncle Joel," Fawn wheezed, gasping for breath. 

     "Hello, Fawn," Joel replied. Tara and Axel appeared, pushing each other and clearly fighting about something. The twins were a year younger than Fawn and Mari. 

     "Children, children, what's the matter?" Lizzie interjected.

     "Axel said I can't play with Sir Strawberry because Sir Strawberry is dead. But I saw him!" Tara said. She sounded more like a seven year old than a twelve year old. Lizzie flushed as pink as her hair.

     "Nope, that's the real Sir Strawberry, he is completely and truly alive," she replied quickly. "Axel, stop fooling your sister." Mari let out a suppressed snort.

    "Girls, would you like to go to the mischief tower?" Lizzie asked, turning to the girls. 

     "Yes please!" Mari and Fawn said in unison. 

     "This is going to be interesting..." Joel commented. The mischief tower was one of the many towers of the Prisma Palace. The mischief tower was where all war plans, pranks and all other mischief was put together. Lizzie lead the girls up the stairs, Joel followed behind after sending the twins off to play with the axolotls. The group went to the back of the tower, Lizzie hit a button and a hidden staircase revealed itself. Once they had all descended, Mari gasped.

     "You trapped some SKELETONS down here?!?" she cried.

     "Of course you did," Joel sighed flatly, a hint of admiration in his voice. 

     "I plan to release them in the Grimlands and Lost Empire--I MEAN-" Fawn furrowed her brow, her other best friend, Ty, was from the Lost Empire. As well as Misty who was from the Grimlands and obsessed with tinkering.  

     "Mummmmm...no mischief. Only on April Fools day. ONLY! And then I want  to be in on it," Mari sighs.  She always has some favor towards mischief.  It would be the whole family in on it, they're always up to something on April Fools. 

     "Fine..." Lizzie trailed off as an owl swooped in. Joel let it perch on his arm.

     "Your dad says to send you home," He announces to Fawn.

     "Ok. Thanks Aunt Lizzie, goodbye Uncle Joel!" Fawn takes a few leaps over the steps. 

     "Oceans blessings!" Lizzie called after her. Fawn grinned to herself. Then she leapt off  the edge of the Prisma Palace in a perfect streamline dive. Her dad would be proud. 

..:^:.. 

     Fawn ruffled the forming ice from her hair. 

     "When are we going to see Aunt Katherine?" She called upstairs.

     "In a bit! And an owl said you just stopped by!" 

    "Don't forget we have the Festival opener tomorrow!" Her dad replied. Scott came down the stairs.

     "Time to go to Queen Katherine's," he told Fawn. She grinned. Although she'd just been there, she was waiting for her special surprise. She turned to her dad.

     "Rainbow road?" Fawn asked. Scott nodded. 

     "Of course." Fawn grinned and ran out the door, eager for her special surprise.....