17

TW: smacking :)

Fawn sat on the edge of her bed. Her arms were crossed in refusal and Ty had a look of conflict spread across his face. His arm was wrapped around her in a comforting way.

     "Just tell us who did it, then we can get them out of this dimension. Most literally," he prodded gently. Fawn shook her head for the umpteenth time. 

     "It's not that simple. There's more to his plan," she growled in return.

     "So it's a he..." Fawn rolled her eyes in response.

    "There are only like, 14 females in the guard. I don't know any of them personally except for Lily." Ty huffed at her.

     "You have to give us something! We can't get rid of the threat until you tell us who did it!"

     "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT! I WATCHED MY OWN DAD DIE!" Fawn screamed, suddenly outraged. Her face fell into her hands and her shoulders quaked. Head falling into Ty's lap, she whispered, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell." The woman in the corner of the room sighed and stood up. 

     "Dear girl, if you're going to get anywhere in life, you mustn't be so...immature. I'll be talking to the guard about this." Then she walked out, legs stiff and proper. The woman was supposed to be helping Ty get information from Fawn, but all the lady had done was sit in the corner and scribble on her clipboard. 

     "I'm sick of this," Fawn hissed, looking Ty square in the eye. "We never told the other dimension about what really happened. I plan on doing this, and then beating the heck out of Nigel." Ty nodded, now knowing who had done it. Calming the air, the two sat there for a moment, foreheads touching in peaceful silence. They were startled by the door opening sharply. Fawn's head snapped up, attention grasped. 

     "Hello? May I help you?" Her greeting was quite frankly ignored, the guard who'd come in speaking almost right when she finished the sentence.

     "Sir, you need to come with me, your time in the Princess's quarters is up." Fawn furrowed her brow,

     "You don't get to dictate that. He can stay as long as he wants."

     "King's orders."

     "Not true." 

     "OUT." the guard stormed in and hoisted Ty up by the arm, dragging him out. 

     "HEY!" Fawn came at the closing door and it slammed in her face. As she reached for the doorknob she heard the lock click shut. Pausing, she turned the handle. It refused to move. "Hey...HEY! HEY LET ME OUT! EXCUSE ME!" Fawn banged her palms against the door. "The heck.?" She muttered under her breath. She went back to her bed.

I should have told everyone. I should have told everyone. He's out for blood. He's out for my family. I'm next. Maybe dad's next. Maybe my friends are next, I don't know but he's dug himself into a deep hole that rat. Fawn thought aggressively? It wasn't until she smelt smoke did she notice the dark hole in the corner of her ceiling. It was beginning to grow wider, the edges of the hole crisping and expanding until smoke billowed into the room in a light layer. A fiery orange, red and yellow mixed liquid began to pour onto the floor. It sizzled and sent blistering waves of heat at the elf girl. Fawn screamed, grabbing a pendant, photo and a green hair tie from her nightstand. She ran to the door and began pounding on it.

     "HELP! HELP ME! IT WAS NIGEL! NIGEL IS TRYING TO KILL ME! HELP ME! HELP! I'M IN HERE! HELP!" Her voice cracked and she fell to her knees, coughing. Fawn banged on the door again. "HELP!" She could faintly hear a ruckus going on below her. Some guards yelling and the quick stomp of feet up the stairs. Someone barreled into the door, shaking it violently. Fawn let out a yelp.