5

Scott paced back and forth in his quarters, thinking deeply. How did the demon get here? Corruption is able to hop between dimensions too? Is it out for Fawn? Can Fawn stop it? How could he keep his friends, even if they weren't truly here, safe?

..:^:..

Fawn had to do something. Her entertainment was watching the floorboard pop up every time someone downstairs stepped on a certain floorboard. She sighed. 

Crack!

What was that? Fawn's head snapped up. A sizzling noise. She whipped her hand off her covers. Her hand throbbing. It was bright red and searing. It's like a twig snapped and everything lit on fire. The sky turned dark. Fawn looked out her window. Dark red tentacles curved out from the ground. To her horror, Rivendell was on fire. Her attention zipped to Aeor. The stag statue's head was lowered to the ground. Something bad was happening. She caught sight of a black figure with long, twisted horns and purple eyes. She noticed a person coming towards the demon, looking up at it. The demon stood atop a red tentacle positioned in front of the Church of Aeor. Fawn raced out of her half demolished room. As she reached the doors outside and left the castle, the loud fire sounds stopped. At least the ones loud in her ears and next to her. Fawn turned around cautiously. The castle was gone. It was just a flat plain of land covered in the red corruption overtaking everyone's Empire. Fawn ignored the unsettling sight. She raced towards where she saw the demon and the person.

     As she expected, the person was her dad. She sat by the crackling lava and listened. 

     "Hello," the Demon's voice ripped across her ears like the ever-present crackling lava.

     "How could you do this? This was your home, this was our home!" Scott seemed connected to the demon. Fawn cocked her head. 

     "There isn't much left to call home."

     "How'd you even get out? We trapped you!" Scott asked, brandishing his sword. The demon chuckled. 

     "Not very well. That pathetic excuse of a wizard has a lot to learn if she thinks that's magic. But she won't be trying to learn anything when I'm done with her." Fawn was startled. That stupid demon better not touch her Aunt Gem. Aunt Gem was a fantastic wizard, too! She did trust there was always something new to learn though, so her Aunt wasn't helping her own case...

     "Don't-don't you dare hurt them...I'm not gonna let you." Scott seemed nervous, fearful, but protective. It was different from the way Fawn knew him to be.

     "Oh, do you care for them? You couldn't even help them when I wasn't here. What are you gonna do? Throw a snowball at me?" The demon cackled as if he'd made a hilarious joke. Scott turned and looked at where Fawn was. They locked eyes but he didn't seem to register she was there. He looked away just as quickly as he'd looked at her. Fawn squinted at the demon and realized the scar on its face was gone. Huh, odd.

     "If you haven't noticed yet, fire melts ice. Don't worry, I'll be sure it hurts when I get them-" Fawn saw beautiful land again. She swiveled her head, hoping to see the scene once more. It came back. 

     "-fish boy you're fond of..." the demon teases menacingly.

     "You leave Jimmy alone!" Scott yelled defensively. Fawn watched a translucent red barrier surround him. Everything cut out again. She sighed and thought about what she'd just seen. The last sentence didn't make sense, but she knew it had to do with Jimmy. She decided that since her dad had no intention of letting her help get rid of the demon, she would ask the Codfather instead. 

     "Dad?" Fawn asked as she pushed open the door to his office. Jimmy looked up from his desk.

     "Hey, minnow!" He was perky. Like always. 

     "What do you know about the demon? The....wait," Fawn began to mumble to herself. "How'd you escape so that was number two..this is the third then. Oh! The first time it was here?"

     "I've never seen that thing before! Scott seems to know something about it though..." Jimmy was clueless, Fawn was puzzled and then she had another question.

     "You were the one who found me the first night I saw it. What did you see?"

     "I saw you on the ground. You seemed to have fallen asleep out there. I didn't see that demon though." Fawn looked at the ground. 

     "Ok. Thanks," she gave her dad a quick hug before racing out of the room. She didn't care if she wasn't supposed to leave the kingdom, the demon could find her here anyway! 

In her quarters, Fawn pulled on her brown battalion boots, a cyan crop shirt and a long light brown cardigan with gold flecks laced into it. She pulled her hair into a Dutch braid going down her back. She'd mastered the difficult skill over time. Pulled her satchel over her head so the strap rested on her shoulder and the bag went across her body, she set off to the Ocean Empire.

     As she left the castle, she heard a horn. That must be important, so she headed to the balcony, where all announcements were made. Scott stood on the balcony, looking the same way Fawn had seen him with the demon before.

     "Hello. As some of you may know, there is a demon on this loose. We are sorting out the complications and sending troops out to hunt it. If you'd like to help fight the demon, anyone is able to join the act. Thank you for your time." Scott left the balcony. 

He looked to the side and saw Fawn. She returned with a hard stare and then he left. She turned on her heel and the young elf ran away. 

..:^:..

      As Fawn ventured away from home, she continued to look back. She wasn't leaving forever, but she was disobeying the rules and she wouldn't be returning for awhile. Her heart ached but she knew she could help stop the demon. She stumbled and cut herself on twigs. She'd brought a spare fold up bed, a bag of cooked meat and her very own Rivendell Sword. Night fell. Noises circled her menacingly. She pulled out her sword and prepared to battle the monsters stalking her. (A/N...anyone know the song Monsters? All Time Low, Blackbear and Demi Lovato? It is literally a Minecraft song and I have to say it now, NOT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER lol...this moment totally givin' me those vibes...) She heard a zombie groan in her ear. She flipped around, jabbing at the air. An arrow whizzed past her face. A skeleton in glowing iron armor stepped from the shadows, shooting at her. Fawn ran away from the arrow. Monsters, not having much strategy, don't always fight back, and so Fawn launched at the skeleton. Her blade knocked it over and it disappeared in defeat, leaving behind a pile of bones. Fawn picked them up and continued on. She found a safe spot on the ledge of a hill. She pulled out her bed and crawled in, searching the stars. They glittered like the crystals in Rivendell's sky. She closed her eyes a drifted off to sleep thinking, what happened in the other dimension?

OK! Chp.5 done! I realize these are short chapters but I just felt like short chapters...normally I write 16 pages worth per chapter....it gets bad lol. Anyway in the end when I post the hints I gave reveal, I'll probably put some other stuff in, including the playlist I made and listened to while writing this. The songs I used either gave me inspo to write based off the song or I just liked the tune and felt like adding so I could listen to. It was a completely random playlist. One I haven't completely heard...it was a fan made song I found. There's also one we all know is gonna be on there. Lol...anyway hope this is coming to your enjoyment! Please comment if you want to take the time! 

-Strange <3