𝟎𝟐 | 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐒

THE GROUNDS IF BARDEN UNIVERSITY WERE JUST AS BUSY AS THE HALLS. In fact the halls seemed much quieter then the activity fair that had commenced outside. Almost the entire property was filled with stalls and people promoting their activities and clubs. Elle had no real interest in university, but while she was there she figured that she may as-well take advantage of it. It was that mindset which lead to herself and Madelyn congregating around a stall that had 'ACTIVISTS FOR ANIMAL RIGHTS' printed in large letters on a board about the stand. The two girls running the stand had began a chant via and megaphone and were handing out leaflets to everyone who passed.

The pair both supported the cause but neither especially enjoyed the hustle and bustle that was around the stand and so they quickly moved away and continued on down the pathways to look at other stands. Madelyn seemed drawn over by an art programme where as Elle was occupied by a stand that was much smaller than the others and was handing out leaflets for jobs that were available at a radio shack just on the outskirts of campus. The girl took one with a polite smile and reminded herself to hand in her CV to the small station later on that day.

She was about to head back to the dorms since the sun was beginning to set by the time the girls had finished decorating their dorm and had actually stepped outside and with the sun set it brought a cool breeze which made the girl shiver slightly in her t-shirt. But as she was ready to make a swift return to the dorms after losing sight of Madelyn a while ago, she was called upon by a duo of girls who were stood beneath a sign which read 'BARDEN BELLAS' in classy blue writing. "Hi, any interest in joining our a cappella group?" The redhead called over to the brunette.

She turned towards them, slightly off guard, and stopped walking towards the dorms and instead towards the stand. "I'm sorry, your what?" She asked with a frown, confusing written on her face. "What's cappella?" She asked curiously, wrapping her arms around her for the duration of their conversation.

The red head smiled at her again. "We sing covers of songs but we do it without any instruments. It's all from our mouths." She explained giddily, a large toothy grin making its way onto her face as she spoke passionately about their group.

Elle frowned again. "Oh." She mumbled, still slightly put off by the idea. She didn't know whether it was the way the girl explained it or the idea of it, but it didn't sound very appealing.

"There's four groups on campus. The Bellas. That's us. We're the tits." She began, gesturing to the banner above their heads. "The BU Harmonics. They sing a lot of Madonna." She continued, pointing at a group who were singing to passers byes on the other side of the path. "The high notes. They're not particularly motivated." She added, gesturing towards a group that were sprawled out on the grass, they didn't look like they were even on planet earth. "And then there's..." She sighed, turin hung to a boys group that seemed pretty good on the other side of the grounds. "So are you interested?" She asked hopefully.

-Sorry, its just, it doesn't sound particularly appealing." She laughed, awkwardly, noticing how the blonde had barely spoken a word to her.

"A-ca-scuse me? Synchronized lady dancing to Mariah Carey chart topper is not unappealing." She glared fiercely and Elle raised her eyebrows at the girl with glare slightly.

"We sing all over the world and we compete in national championships." The redhead explained politely—more than likely trying to make up for her friends bitterness.

"On purpose?" She laughed.

The blonde snapped one again. "We played the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, you bitch!"

"What Aubrey means to say is that we are a close-knit, talented group of ladies whos dream is to return to the national finals at Lincoln Centre this year. Help us turn our dreams into a reality?" She hoped, holding out a leaflet which the girl took, folding it over and slipping it into her back pocket.

"Sorry, I don't even sing, but thanks anyway." She shrugged sympathetically.

"What are we gonna do?" She heard Aubrey mumbled to her friend as she was walking away.

It wasn't that Elle couldn't sing, she just never really tried. Sometimes she find herself singing along to a sing absentmindedly but she never gave much thought to whether she sounded good or not, it was only apparent in the back of her mind.