𝟎𝟒 | 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆

ELLE SANTOS HAD JUST DISCOVERED YET ANOTHER THING SHE HATED ABOUT UNIVERSITY. She took one step into the shower rooms and wanted to instantly turn around and run back to somewhere sanitary. If she was being dramatic then she would have said she was willing to get a plane all the way back to England just to shower in a place that wasn't—well wasn't a university wash room.

She wrapped her towel firmly around her while also holding her wash bag. Careful to avoid some particularly questionable stalls she finally chose one towards the end of the room, humming along to herself as she closed the curtain, pulled her hair from its ponytail and turned on the water, waiting for it to heat up. She heard more people come in but continued to ignore them and try and get on with her shower.

♫ "You booked the night train for a reason. So you could sit there in this hurt. Bustling crowds or silent sleepers. You're not sure which is worse." ♫

She absentmindedly started to sing, squeezing a substantial amount of shampoo onto her hand before running it through her hair. Humming the song again while the water cascaded over her face while she washed the soapy mess out of her hair.

♫ "Because I dropped your hand while dancing. Left you out there standing. Crestfallen on the landing. Champagne problems." ♫

The brunette started again once the water was washed away from her face and her eyes. She slipped the shampoo from off the shelf and put it back in her wash bag, trading it out for conditioner.

She was washing out her conditioner when she heard singing in the opposite stall as-well.

♫ "I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. Fire away, fire away. Ricochet, you take your aim. Fire away, fire away." ♫

Elle appreciated her voice for a moment before she continued on with her shower, grabbing her towel and wrapping it around her once she had turned the stream of water off.

♫ "Dom Pérignon, you brought it. No crowd of friends applauded. Your hometown skeptics called it. Champagne problems." ♫

♫ "You shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am titanium. You shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am titanium." ♫

The pair suddenly and unknowingly harmonised. Elle grabbed her shower bag and was about to pull the curtain back when someone else did it for her and the girl in the shower opposite her. They both stopped singing immediately and wrapped anything around them they could. Elle recognised the redhead as the girl from the activity fair the week previous.

"You can sing!" She said excitedly the brunette opposite Elle who was desperately trying to cover herself with the shower curtain. "And you! You said you couldn't sing!" She added turning to Elle who was just thankful she had wrapped her towel around her before she had the chance to barge her way in.

"Dude!" The girl in the opposite called out at the same time as Elles "What the hell!" They we're both looking at the completely naked redhead standing between their stalls with a huge smile on her face.

"How high does your belt go?" She asked the pair who looked at her like she was crazy—considering she just completely barged into their showers while one of them was naked—she probably was.

"My what?" The other girl asked. "Oh my god!" Elle laughed with no sign of actual amusement present.

Chloe ignored them both. "You have to audition for the Bellas." She insisted, looking between the two hopefully. They were two girls, both pretty, both could sing, both worthy of auditioning and they hadn't found many of them in their search for a new group.

The girl in the neighbouring stall looked up at the ceiling while Elle stared at a wall the whole time, trying to ignore the fact she wasn't wearing anything. "I can't concentrate on anything you're saying until you cover your junk." The first one pointed out.

"Just consider it. One time we sang backup for Prince. His butt is so tiny that I can hold it with like one hand. Oops!" She laughed to herself, before turning back to the two girls expectantly.

"Seriously. I am nude, so are you. She's only wearing a towel." She pointed out, gesturing to herself, then Chloe and then finally Elle.

"Why don't we have this conversation when we're both both wildly uncomfortable." Elle suggested but Chloe brushed her off once again.

She turned to Elle first. "You were singing Champagne Problems, right? And you were singing Titanium?" She then asked, turning to the other girl. "They're so different, you made them work so well." She complimented and the two girls looked at each other for a brief moment, considering what she said before looking away again.

"That's nice." Elle mumbled.

"It is. You guys really worked it." She insisted. "It's like my new lady jam now." She added and Elle scrunched her face up in confusion and awkwardness.

"Gross" The brown haired girl opposite muttered.

"Can you sing it for me again?" She questioned hopefully.

"Dude, no. Get out!" The pair both pleaded.

"I'm not leaving here till you sing. So..." She crossed her arms over her chest and looked between them both expectantly, gesturing with her hands to continued.

♫ "You shoot me down, ♫ "Dom Pérignon,
but I won't fall, you brought it.
I am titanium. No crowd of friends applauded.
You shoot me down, Your hometown,
but I won't fall, skeptics called it.
I am titanium." ♫ Champagne problems." ♫

♫ "I'm bulletproof, ♫ "Your Midas touch,
nothing to lose. on the Chevy door.
Fire away, November flush,
fire away. and your flannel cure.
Ricochet, "This dorm was once a madhouse."
you take your aim. I made a joke,
Fire away, fire away." ♫ "Well, it's made for me."♫

♫ "I am titanium." ♫ ♫ "Champagne problems." ♫

Chloe smiled at the two girls once they finished. "That was really good." She grinned happily and the two girls nodded, still awkwardly looking around.

"Yeah. I'm pretty confident about all this." Chloe said, gesturing to her body and the fact she was completely naked and didn't even seem to care.

"You should be." Elle awkwardly commented.

"I still need to shower." The other girl interjected.

"You have a lovely voice." A male suddenly approached them and stood behind Chloe looking as Elle.

"Thanks." Elle mumbled uncomfortably and for the first time Chloe actually noticed.

She pushed the guy back slightly, "Yeah." She coughed slightly, turning away finally and going back to her own stall. "See you at auditions!" She called to the two girls on her way out.

I'm a hurry, Elle grabbed her wash bag and towel and quickly left the stall, checking she hadn't forgotten anything before she did. She did not want to return their before she had to. Opposite her, the brown haired girl swiftly closed the curtain on her stall and continued on with her shower now she had privacy once again.