𝟏𝟏 | 𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐘

MADELYN HAD GONE HOME FOR THE WEEKEND SO ELLE WAS WANDERING CAMPUS ALONE. She threw her head back wishing she had something to do before she spotted Becca laying against a tree with her head phones on so she headed over and planted herself beside the girl with a smile.

"Hey, Bec." She hummed, laying against the tree beside her. The brunette took her head phones off and turned to the girl beside her.

"Oh, hi." She said, slightly shocked that Elle had suddenly dropped down beside her and was looking at her expectantly.

"Whatcha doin'?" She asked and Becca gestured to her laptop which had an app open where she was layering songs. "Cool." She hummed and looked more closely at the tracks and what the girl was fiddling with. "Can I listen?" She asked and the brunette nodded reluctantly handing her the head phones. Elle dropped them
onto her ears and Becca pressed play on the track.

"It's not finished yet...but basically i'm just layering tracks and then blending the beats between them together." She explained and Elle nodded, acting like she understood what she was talking about. What Elle did know however was that it sounded really good.

"This is really good." She said loudly and Becca both smile since she was talking really loud but also because she complimented her music. "You should give this to Aubrey or something. Our set literally sucks. If we did this we'd be so much better." She insisted and Becca agreed, even though they both knew that Aubrey would never go for it because it wasn't her idea.

"We're not gonna win with what we're doing right now." Becca pointed out and Elle nodded in agreement.

"Try telling Aubrey that. Last rehearsal she told me I had a toner for—" She started but was swiftly interrupted by Jesse walking over to her with a blanket and his backpack. "Jesse, hey." She smiled up at him, slightly blocking her eyes from the sun.

"Hey, guys." He greeted with a boy at the brunette beside Elle. "Can I steal her?" She asked the brunette, already holding his hand out for Elle to take.

"If you want." Becca shrugged, waving goodbye to the girl and putting her head phones back on before anyone else had the chance to talk to her. Although she didn't mind Elle. She was one of the only people she had met at university that she actually connected with as friends.

Jesse lead the girl over to a patch of grass and laid down a blanket, the pair dropped down onto it and Jesse pulled out his laptop. "What's up, weirdo?" She asked the boy, confused why he had suddenly pulled her away from Becca. He didn't say anything but continued to pull stuff out of his bag. lOkay. What's this?" She asked.

Jesse sighed, dropping down two Capris Suns out infront of her as well as a bag of her favourite Cookies—of which he had learned were just regular chocolate chips. "As much as I love spending time with you stacking CDs...and I do. I love it, like more than life. I figured we could do some other fun things that don't make us wanna kill ourselves, right?" He laughed, taking a juice pouch for himself and then pulling out four CDs in their cases.

"Sure." Elle nodded.

"So, brought some movies. Jaws, E.T., The Breakfast  Club, Star Wars and Rocky. Best scored and soundtracked movies of all time. That's what I wanna do when I grow up. I wanna score movies. Bring people to tears, you know. Blow their minds. I feel like only music can do that." He explained passionately and Elle smiled at his compassion, looking at the movies in his hand, two of which she had watched.

"Yeah. You must really sweep your girlfriend off her feet." She huffed—partly wanted to see if he had a girl friend and partly because she didn't understand how he didn't have a girlfriend.

"I don't have a girlfriend?" He hummed, looking at her expectantly.

She looked genuinely surprised. "What?" She asked sounding equally as surprised.

"No." He confirmed.

"Nice to know." She mumbled and he smirked.

"Okay, so what do you wanna watch first?" He asked, leaning back on his elbows closer to her.

Elle bit her lip and contemplated her choices while he watched her carefully. "I've already seen Jaws and E.T." She said, moving those two movies from the pile so she was left with three more.

"What's Rocky?" She asked having never heard of the movie.

"What!" He asked far too surprised for what they were talking about. "How have you not watched Rocky? It's like cinematic genius. This film is revolutionary." He insisted and Elle shrugged. "How do you not know about Rocky?" He asked again.

"Is that the film with the birds?" She asked with a frown and Jesses smile dropped to one of utter confusion.

"Wha—do you mean Rio?" He asked, utterly amazed with her lack of knowledge about films.

"That's the one." She nodded, piercing her juice pouch and taking a sip. "I hate that film." She grumbled in disgust and he looked at her like she was crazy.

"And you say i'm weird." He mumbled and she nudged his shoulders gently. "Wait so—you haven't watched star wars either?" He asked and she shook her head and he looked at her like she was an alien from another planet.

"No, but i love Yoda." Shrugged and he laughed out loud at her. Jesse didn't stop laughing for at least 5 minuets and Elle couldn't help but laugh along with him, almost choking on the cookie she was eating. "Can we watch Jaws?" She asked and Jesse looked perplexed.

"You want to watch the movie you've already watched over the films you haven't seen before?" He asked in confusion and she nodded. "Why?"

"Because then I already know what happens so i don't end up liking a character who dies or something." She shrugged and he laughed at her again. "I'm serious, I don't want to start crying because Yoda dies." She shrugged.

"Let's watch Jaws, this time. But you need to watch a new film for once, and you're gonna do it with me." He insisted.

"Yeah, in between Bellas rehearsals, which are always." She huffed, getting annoyed at the meet thought of Aubrey and her inability to compromise with anyone else's ideas.

Jesse nodded. "Are you guys getting ready for the riff-off?" He asked and then looked at her when she didn't say anything for a moment.

"What the hell is a riff-off?" She eventually answered.