Part 1

Izuku Midoriya was always fascinated by toys and Heroes. He saw toys as people instead of objects and wanted to be a hero. But as he grew older he began to dislike certain Heroes not because they were bad but because they only ever arrested the Villain no matter what they did. Be it murder, kidnapping, theft or even cannibalism! He at the age of 4 found a video of an Underground Hero. Eraserhead.
Now this was the scene he liked, Underground Heroes did far more than Spotlight Heroes and got paid more. They treated a Villain the right way, theft, jail, a few murders jail, serial killer jail or death, cannibal, death.
"Mom! Mom! I wanna be an Underground Hero when I grow up! They don't have a ranking" Was what he would say whenever she asked what rank he would be.
Now while Inko may love her son to bits she was a bit upset by this. For a few reasons, one the Underground Heroes die a lot more, two she had a friend who was an Underground Hero once but he vanished into the night and never returned. And three even though she didn't want to admit it, she wanted to bask in the fame and fortune of her son's success.
One day she was watching Izuku play dollhouse in the park when suddenly he shrunk into a red hair blue eyed doll, on closer examination it was a girl. As she was freaking out suddenly he changed back laughing.
"Mom I got my Quirk!"
She was not amused, a doll really? He'll never be successful now.
She takes him to the Quirk doctor but is ushered out of the room. See as of a few years ago a new law was passed that only the doctor and patient may know of a Quirk incase it was Villainous so the parents don't start abusing or neglecting the child. The child is not allowed to tell anyone their Quirk until they get into highschool.
"Kid you have a very powerful Quirk, it allows you to transform into a red haired and blue eyed female doll named Poppy and summon various coloured monstrous Toy friends. Now we don't know how you get these friends but we suggest experiment, you could bring toys to life!"
"That's really cool! Imma be the best Underground Hero there is!"
"Hmm... Underground... That's a unique choice"
"I don't like how Spotlight Heroes arrest the really bad villains, if a criminal is a cannibal they do it because hey like it and need to be stopped... Permanently. The Underground Heroes do that, stops them from escaping and doing it again! Thugs may stop being criminals after prison but the really bad ones won't"
"Huh... I've never really thought of it like that... Anyways your mother might be getting worried so name your Quirk then you can go home"
"I wanna name it Poppy Playtime"
So Izuku went home. But that's when his mother asks what his Quirk is.
"Sorry mom but the doctor said that I could get in a lot of trouble telling Anyone. I can tell you nobody else has anything like it though!"
Izuku skips into his room and starts to study his Quirk.
"Hmm... I can't make toys come to life so maybe making a toy?"
For a few months Izuku tries various was to get Toys but none work... Until he comes across an old game on Herotube called Poppy's Funtime. What caught his attention wasn't the name but the picture of a doll... His doll!

So he starts watching finding out as much as he can, until he comes across a theory video of how Poppy was made

This game him nightmares but he also grew a morbid curiosity about it. He is the Poppy and the names of the game and his Quirk are the same, it can't be a coincidence.
But Izuku doesn't have the ability to experiment with it though the willingness part stuck out to him. If they are willing they will be intelligent, who they once were, otherwise they would be mindless, monstrous.
Izuku P.O.V
'This is teetering into illegal territory, I need to be careful at how I approach this' I think to myself.
After a while mom had a day at work, it was a twelve hour shift and I needed a second opinion. I make my way to the hospital and the doctor that diagnosed my Quirk.
I managed to sneak into his office and wait for about an hour before he came in of his break.
"Oh, hello... Izuku Midoriya right?"
"Hi Doctor, I've been doing some research but hit a roadblock and needed a second opinion"
"Well whatever it is I hope I can help"
Well I came across an old game from the pre-quirk era... But it's a horror game and I've seen a few theory's about it. I need your opinion on whether it's the way I need to make my Toys or not" I explain." Mom doesn't know I'm here, she's at work for a good ten hours more"
"Well your in luck, I have two hours to spare, show me this game"
So I did. I showed him every video I thought was relevant and watched his face as it changed between surprise, shock and horror before stopping on understanding. I then gave him my notebook on my analysis. He gained an awestruck and amazed look at how detailed it was.
"Midoriya, this is some incredibly detailed work... Say if I could get you a job as an analyst of Quirks would you take it?"
"Yes I would"
"I'll talk to my superiors about it. But onto this, yes I believe you will have to make them this way... At least your becoming an Underground Hero or you'd never get away with it"
"That opens so many doors, now I need to learn how to do a surgery, I was thinking of making that Boogie Bot one first as a test run then go onto Huggy Wuggy. I think each Toy design may have different abilities to it"
"Well I can teach you the stuff you need, we can build the robot shell then test with a morgue patient for your surgical procedures. But not today, today will be the robot and I'll see about that job"
"Thank you for your help sir!"
"Please, call me Sam"
After that I left and set up an email between us as he sent over a few schematics his son made for a toy factory, turns out the guy was a mechanic.