Chapter 6: Thin Ice

I'm trying to write as much as possible, a new ship series might be starting soon. It's a thought. Shoutout to StyleGaymer and Dancing_Pandas if I didn't already! Thank you for following! Okay, let's start this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd person POV:

Edgeworth chuckles under his breath as he listens to the excited voice over the phone. The idea in itself is already amusing to the man, as he knows Wright has never skated before. Yet, he just can't say no for some reason when it comes down to the decision. Maybe it was the fact that the thought of the light going out of the child's eyes was unbearable. His experiences have reminded him how precious that light truly is. Maybe it was the fact it was with Wright, although he shrugs that thought off. 

Staring out at the bustling city from the window behind his desk he lets himself relax for just a second. Holding the phone to his ear, he slouches into his chair and shuts his eyes, just letting his mind focus on what the child was saying. 

"...never seen you skate Mr. Edgeworth!"

"Ah well, that's because I've never skated in this country Pearl."

"Then what if you forgot?"

"Well, I'll just have to prove I didn't don't I?"

"Yeah! You have to teach me how okay?"

"I will try my best."

"Okay! I'll see you tomorrow then Mr Edgeworth."

"Alright, and have a good rest of your day Pearl."

"You too, Mr Edgeworth. Bye!"

"Goodbye." 

As Edgeworth sets down his phone he quietly reaches for one of the many papers on his desk. Grabbing a red pen, he quietly puts a red check mark next to today's date. Such a little reward for such big, long, and tiring days. Flipping back through the pages, dozens over dozens of check marks meet his sight. Suddenly something in his mind seizes him and he hurls the pen and makeshift calendar onto his couch. He turns around and stares back out of the window once again. As the last of the warm orange light fades from the sky and fades to darkness, the light in  Edgeworth's eyes fades to a deep, dark gray. 

-next day-

Phoenix's POV: 

Phoenix calm down, you're just going to hang out with an old friend... and make a total fool of yourself. This is giving me a headache, why am I even stressing on this? Yeah, I'm kind of surprised that Edgeworth actually made time to go out with us. Go out? That sounded so wrong, maybe hang out is a better word. Yeah definitely not hoping that this is a date... Snap out of it Phoenix!

"Mr Nick!"

"Gah! Pearls, don't scare me like that!"