chapter 2: boy in yellow

Your vision went blurry for a moment, not to mention the throbbing ache you've been feeling on the side of your head. You tried your best to clear your vision and look careful at what's in front of you.

Bright, huge, flowers everywhere and most importantly, a door filled with glowing carvings of people.

You shut your eyes once again as the throbbing pain came back 10x worse.  Fuck bruh, why does it hurt so much? You thought and tried standing up. Startled, you dropped back to the ground when you heard the door open.

You looked up and saw a figure in yellow and red. You panicked as she tried to help you. She placed her arms around you— "Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry but I'm not! my head is bleeding my vision is blurring I don't know where I am the tiles are moving by itself!" You explained, getting startled again by the tiles flapping.

"Here, here I'll help you" The woman gently said, placing her left arm on the side of your waist and her right arm grabbed your hands. Slowly, both of you entered the house.

You saw the stairs move on it's own and windows opening by themselves. You trembled because you didn't know whay type of black magic was going on. While in your own thoughts, you didn't notice another person showing up.

"Abuela! This girl is hurt, I need to find Tia Julieta quick" The girl wearing a red skirt told this so-called person named 'Abuela', but before she left you quickly grabbed her hand thus making her stop.

"Pleasee, you have to tell me where I am? Who are you people!"

"We will tell you, for now just calm down okay? We need your wounds to be healed so they don't get worse"

She left and it was only you and abuela. You faced her and furrowed your eyebrows. "Granny please where am I? I want to go home, was I kidnapped? Please I need to go back home!"

"Camilo get down here" Abuela shouted, then turned her attention back to you.

"hija please calm down–"

"How can I calm down if I literally don't know where I am and how I got here! For all I kn—"

"What is it Abuela?"

Another figure appeared, this time this person is wearing a yellow ruana. Both you and Abuela turned your heads to where the voice came from.

"You! Where the hell am I?" You exclaimed, dropping the formalities since he does look like your age anyway. You came closer and tugged on his ruana bringing him closer to you making him stumble. "Tell me"

Before he could even speak, Abuela cut him off and gently separated both of you. She told him something you couldn't quite hear. Since they're not giving me answers at all, I'm gonna go on my own and figure it out myself.

You were about to storm off and leave but the tiles kept bringing you back in. You kept forcing your way out, not noticing the blood that's dripping from your head.

Abuela and the boy then stopped talking, immediately their eyes were on you. Abuela sighed and asked the boy beside her to do something about it.

The boy went behind you and wrapped his arms on your waist. You squirmed and started attacking him but he wasn't budging.

"What the?! LET ME GO!"

"Don't let her leave until Julieta comes back, who knows what will happen when she goes outside. Her wounds, it's getting worse." Abuela said while walking towards the door.

"One last thing, no hagas nada pendejo" She said sternly. The boy then grinned and gave Abuela a thumbs up.

"Desde luego Abuela! she's in completely safe hands with me" He said, pointing to himself while his other hand was holding you. Abuela nodded, and went to fetch all the Madrigals.