chapter 7: a place to call home

"She's already asleep" You whispered to Camilo, gently closing Mirabel's door. You tiptoed towards him, trying your best to not make a single sound.

"Her mattress is beside the closet.. I don't wanna wake her up!" You informed Camilo. He sighed and scratched his head. "well, you can borrow my clothes"

"Yeaa- no"

"ok suit yourself"

"Wait wait-! fine!"

You groaned, following him to his room. "man, this is gonna be embarrassing as hell"

"what's more embarrassing is you not wearing anything at all" Camilo rolled his eyes.

The two of you stopped in front of his room. You crossed your arms and waited for him to enter. He opened the door and just stood there.

"you're not going inside?" He asked while you shook your head. "No thanks, the last time I went there you did some weird shit"

Camilo chuckled and went inside, leaving the door open. "whatever you say corazon".

Though you didn't go inside, you still wanted to see a peak of his room again. It's insane how big it is on the inside whilst it looks normal on the outside. You felt cold air coming out of the room too, making you wonder if he can control the temperature of the room.

I wonder what the other Madrigals rooms look like

He came back with a pair of clothing on his hands and gave it to you. You thanked him and quickly went downstairs to shower.

You let out a relieved sigh as the warm water made contact with your skin. La casa Madrigal was so extravagant.

You'd love to live here the rest of your life if you were given the chance, but alas you're just a guest from a different timeline and you didn't want to burden them more by living with them.

You turned off the shower and tried grabbing a non-existent towel from the towel rack. Your heart dropped, fuck I forgot to ask for a towel

Stepping out from the tub you were showering on, water dripped from your body as you made your way to the door. Slowly opening it, you tried talking to Casita.

"Casita.. pst, casita please" You perked up when one of the tiles moved. "Hey uh, I don't know if you take orders from non madrigals but can you pleaaaase, please tell- or I don't know, motion or something to Camilo I need a towel"

No movements, nothing.

"Casita pleaaaaase" You shout whispered.

"Casita just this once, casitaa-aH!-"

"what the hell are you doing" A voice cut you off, frightening you a bit. You looked up to see Camilo's figure towering you behind the door.

"Camilo! so great to see you, can you go get me a towel" You said while Camilo squinted his eyes. He sighed in defeat and went up to grab one.

He came back and handed you the towel. You dried off and wore the clothes he gave. You brushed your teeth and got out of the bathroom.

Camilo was standing there with his arms crossed. You gave him a smile and thumbs up. "Your pjs actually fit me well!"

"i wore those when i was 15"

———

You groggily opened your eyes and let them wander the room. Mirabel wasn't there anymore so you quickly got up and checked the time. 8am.

You immediately fixed yourself and the bed. It's past their breakfast already, I gotta hurry up! You remembered The Madrigals having their breakfast at 6:30am, which you were an hour and a half late to.