chapter 8: funeral director dylan

You felt your body ache while you stood up from your bed. You slept on hardwood, no pillow and no blankets. Yes, you didn't get a good sleep, heck, hardly any sleep at all. Let's just hope things go well today.

You got down, took a fruit on the table. Grabbing the front door knob, you took a deep breath. You left the house and went on your merry way.

You just needed to find Mirabel.

"Amiga! ¿Cómo estás?" Hold up. You heard that voice before. You turned around and saw a girl with light brown locks. She was carrying a basket full of dairy and had a grin on her face.

She placed the basket on your arms which made you tumble a little bit since it was heavy. She huffed and wiped sweat on her forehead. You had a very confused look on your face, isn't she the one who called you annoying and some other probably degrading word— in spanish?!

"Uhhh.." You tried thinking of something to say. This girl, you forgot her name. "Are these for me?"

She nodded, "¡Si! Just a small gift to you, new neighbor".

"Thank youu... ?" You prolonged the 'you', waiting for her to fill the blank with her name.

"It's Lara! Can't believe you forgot already!" She chuckled, lightly bumping your hip.

No way this was the same Lara you met days ago. The first time you met her, she had eyes like a predator and you were unfortunately her prey, and now.. it's almost like there's halos around her.

"Right! Lara! Thank you for these, I'm just going to put them inside my house. It was nice seeing you again!" You exclaimed, walking back towards your home.

You placed the basket on top of your dining table and quickly looked outside the window if she was still there. Phew, she's not there anymore

You got out again and locked the door. It's a long walk to the La Casa Madrigal so you better get going.

You've finally reached the town plaza and as usual, it's packed with people. Everyone was doing their own thing. You sat on one of the benches near the plaza fountain and exhaled.

Your eyes spotted a familiar bright looking ruana. It was Camilo!

His back faced you and he looked like he was carrying something. You got up from your seat and approached him. You were going to tap his shoulders when a horse suddenly passed by you, making you flinch and take your hand back.

You squint your eyes at the person who's riding the horse, the space is literally wide. Why did he have to pass in front of me?!

You tapped Camilo's shoulder and he turned around.

"Camilo– why are you holding a baby?"

"oh it's a chore of mine, do you need anything?" He asked, lightly rocking the baby he's holding. Ah, he's busy today.. I'm 100% sure Mirabel is busy as well I guess

"I was going to ask if you could help me find a job but from the looks of it you're busy so I'll just–"

"he can come"

"What? who?"

"Jon"

"Jon? Who's j– Ohhhh the baby you're holding?"

"yep, there's a few people i know who can hire you and need some extra help" Camilo told you.

"Are you sure?"

Camilo nodded. "this thing? Easy peasy! It's my only chore today too"

You thought for a bit but eventually accepted his help. Camilo tried putting Jon on his stroller but he cried in response, meaning he still wants to be carried around.