chapter 6: bruno's vision

"Follow me to my room" He mumbled and you did what he asked. His room was next to Julieta's and Pepa's. He twisted his doorknob and slowly opened the door.

"Come in" He said and gave you a smile. You gulped, a little intimidated by his room, but gave a smile back. You entered and there was sand everywhere. I meant like, everywhere.

"Okay, I haven't prepared for bed yet so I have all the stuff here.. we don't have to climb the stairs heh" He awkwardly said and motioned you to sit down on the sand.

Both of you sat down. You kept your eyes open as he did his little ritual.

"You should hold on" You heard him say as he motioned his hands for you to take. You didn't question it and just grabbed his hand and nodded.

His eyes glowed and the sand around the both of you started swirling. It started floating and immediately surrounded the both of you. You were shocked and mesmerized by what was happening.

It felt a little hot but at the same time very windy, you just hope that sand won't go to your eyes.

Bruno squinted his eyes and tried looking for an image or anything at all, but for some reason, nothing was showing up. "T-this can't be, I can't see anything!" Bruno shouted.

"Yeah, me too! I can't see a single thing! What are we even supposed to look at? pleugh I got sand on my mouth" You screamed back.

15 seconds have passed and not a single figure has showed up. The sand swirling had died down and Bruno's eyes stopped glowing. A clank can be heard, and below the both of you showed a green rectangular glass pane.

"What's that?" You asked.

"That's where the vision's supposed to be! but- but there's nothing on it!" Bruno answered, picking up the glass pane and showing it to you.

"I-Is that a bad thing?" You worriedly asked and started to fidget with your hands. Bruno shook his head. "No-! Not at all! Just surprising.." He started tilting the glass pane in different directions, "It's just.. this never happened before"

You took the glass pane from his hands and observed it. There really was nothing on it. Bruno sighed, "This is my first time getting a blank vision, I'm sorry–"

"No no! don't apologize! It's completely fine I'm sure I'll find another way" You reassured, gently rubbing your eyes. "Atleast we tried right? Thank you so much .. Tio Bruno"

Bruno exhaled and bit his lip. "Yes, you're right" He said and gave you a small smile. You smiled back and started walking to his door, him following you.

"If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask any of us" Bruno added.

"Of course, thanks" You replied, leaving his room. You sighed and held the glass close to you. You suddenly felt pain in your left eye.

You rubbed it using your right hand, which was a dumb thing to do because it was already itching and rubbing it made it worse.

"Ow..." You whimpered, slowly placing down the glass pane on the floor while still rubbing your eye. You were about to stand up but someone stumbled on your crouching figure.

"tf- are you crying??" You heard Camilo utter.

You quickly stood up and dusted yourself off, hand still on your eye. "No! I wasn't, sand went on my eye and I kinda made it worse by rubbing it and now it hurts really bad"

Camilo just stared at you with his mouth slightly opened. "I- .. I'm gonna go now, if you need anything from me, I'm in Mirabel's room" You told him. Camilo sighed and just grabbed your wrist.