1: 12

INT. HISTORY MUSEUM - DAY

The Chitauri Leviathan crashed into a history museum, dead. Thor and Hulk stood on the back of the Chitauri Leviathan after bringing it down. They stood still, admiring. Hulk punched Thor with his enormous hand and Thor went flying. Hulk smirked.

EXT. STARK TOWER

Selvig woke up from his Loki mind control. He looked around, confused where he was. He looked up at the sky, amazed.

EXT. BRIDGE STREET

Several humvees aimed their mounter .50 Cal guns into the sky, firing and hitting Chitauri riders. Captain America fought off a soldier who was pinning him down with its energy rifle. Captain America broke its leg. He stood, picked up his shield.

"Captain, the bank on 42nd past Madison, they caught a lot of civilians there," Hawkeye informed.

"I'm on it," Captain America replied.

INT. 42ND BANK

Dozens of civilians were gathered in bank. Tension and uncertainty surrounded them. Three Chitauri soldiers oversaw them, pointing their weapons at them. One of them charged a bomb and it beeped.

Captain America jumped through the window and threw his shield at the Chitauri bomber. The two Chitauri soldiers aimed their rifles, but Captain America headed for cover under a desk, which he kicked at him.

Captain America jumped over the desk, head-locked a soldier while backhanding another one over the railing. The crowd moved away. A Chitauri soldier attacked him from behind and ripped off his helmet. The bomb was beeping faster.

"Everyone! Clear out!" Captain America ordered.

Captain America flipped over the soldier and grabbed his shield just as the bomb was about to go off. The Chitauri bomber dove for the bomb, trying to stop it, but it went off, sending Captain America through the window, landing hard on a car. The civilians, who were okay, looked up from below.

EXT. OUTSIDE THE BANK

Captain America got off the car and looked around the city which was destroyed. The police and firemen arrived, pulling out those civilians they'd saved. A waitress looked back, thankful.

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE

Fury saw on his view screen the World Security Council.

"Director Fury, the council has made a decision," the second World Security Council person said.

"I recognize the council has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid ass decision, I've elected to ignore it," Fury replied.

"Director, you're closer than any of our subs, you scramble that jet..." World Security Council person one was cut off.

"That is the island of Manhattan, Councilman. Until I'm certain my team can't hold it, I will not order a nuclear strike against a civilian population."

"If we don't hold them in the air, we lose everything."

"I send that bird out, we already have." He shut off his view screen.

EXT. MANHATTAN

Black Widow, still driving the chariot with the rider, was hit at her side. She looked about, wondering whose energy fire it was and looked behind.

"Oh. You," Black Widow deadpanned.

Loki followed in hot pursuit. They raced downward, trailing between buildings. They raced madly, driving and dodging.

EXT. ROOFTOP BUILDING

Hawkeye and Archer looked at Black Widow, astonished, and asked, "Nat, what are you doing?"