Reunited

Elliot entered the farmhouse he shared with Clint and Laura and was met with running feet and a nearly toppling hug.

"Daddy!" Sasha cried.

He picked his daughter up and spun her around. "Hi, sweetheart. Were you good for Aunt Laura?"

Sasha nodded. "I made you something."

She led her father to his room and pointed to the hand drawn picture on the wall. It was of Clint and Elliot with their bows and arrows.

"Do you like it, Daddy?" Sasha asked.

Elliot nodded. "I love it, Sash."

A knock sounded on the door and the two turned to see Natasha who asked, "May I come in?"

Elliot nodded. "Yeah. Sasha was just showing me a picture."

Natasha walked closer and looked at the picture. "You did a great job on that, Sasha."

Sasha smiled. "Thank you. Sorry I didn't add you in."

"That's okay. But if you do another one, you should add me."

"I can do you and Daddy."

Elliot and Natasha exchanged a look before the former asked, "Why me and Tasha?"

"Because you two are the bestest friends."

The two shared a smile and nodded before Natasha said, "That's a great reason."

"I'm gonna go find Lila." Sasha ran from the room, leaving Elliot and Natasha alone.

"She seems to be doing well."

Elliot nodded. "Yeah, she is. I just wish there was more of a mother figure in her life. I mean, Laura's her aunt and you're Clint's and my friend. I just- I don't know. I'm not making much sense."

"No, I get it, Elliot. A friend, an aunt and a mother are three very different things. I'm sure you'll find someone eventually."

"Yeah, I hope so. Who knows. Maybe it's you." He gave her a teasing smile.

"Yeah, I don't think so."

"Don't count on it not happening. With the way she talks about you, it's like you're her mother already."

"Elliot, we're only friends."

"I know, and I've told her that. But she doesn't listen to that reasoning. That kid gets her stubbornness from both me and her mother."

Natasha laughed. "Is that such a bad thing?"

"Well, when both of us are, were in Elise's case, stubborn as a donkey, Laura's words, a lot of stubbornness in such a little kid isn't always a good thing."

"She'll learn to handle it."

"I know she will."

Natasha smiled before saying, "I hear Laura is making ribs. You want to check on them?"

"Oh God, yes."

The friends left the room to see how dinner was coming along.