3: 09

KOREA

"Cellular cohesion will take a few hours, but we can initiate the consciousness stream," Dr. Cho informed. "We're uploading your cerebral matrix... now."

"I can read him," Wanda informed. "He is dreaming."

"I wouldn't call it dreams. It's Ultron's base consciousness, informational noise. Soon..."

"How soon?" Ultron pressed. "I'm not being pushy."

"We're imprinting a physical brain. There are no shortcuts. Even if your magic gem is..."

Wanda, reading Ultron's mind, saw a vision of global annihilation, which horrified her. She screamed and fell back into Pietro's hold before asking, "How could you?"

"How could I what?" Ultron questioned.

"You said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world."

"It will be better."

"When everyone is dead."

"That is not -- The human race will have every opportunity to improve."

"And if they don't?" Pietro inquired.

"Ask Noah."

"You're a madman," Wanda retorted.

"There were more than a dozen extinction level events before even the dinosaurs got theirs. When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it, and believe me, he's winding up. We have to evolve. There's no room for the weak."

"And who decides who's weak?" Pietro asked.

While Ultron was distracted, Wanda broke the scepter's hold from Dr. Cho.

"Life," Ultron said. "Life always decides. There's incoming. We have to move."

"That's not a problem," Dr. Cho told him as she canceled the upload to Ultron's consciousness.

"Ugh." He blasted Dr. Cho; Wanda and Pietro ran off. "Ah, wait, guys!" He blasted Dr. Cho's technicians. "They'll understand. When they see they'll understand. I just need a little more time." He unplugged himself from the Cradle.

Steve was on the roof of the U-Gin Genetic Research Lab and said to the others, "Two minutes. Stay close." Inside, he found the wounded doctor and called, "Dr. Cho!"

"He's uploading himself into the body," Dr. Cho said.

"Where?"

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"First we have to find it."

"Go."

---

Steve, over the Quinjet's comms, asked, "Did you guys copy that?"

"We did," Clint and Elliot answered.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest," Natasha informed. "That could be him."

Clint, noticing a truck heading across a bridge, said, "There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. Elliot and I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. We could take out the driver."

---

"Negative!" Steve cried. "If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." He jumped onto the roof.

"No, no, no, no, no," Ultron said. "Leave me alone!"

Ultron blasted the truck door as Steve tried to enter and said, "Well, he's definitely unhappy! I'm gonna try and keep him that way."

"You're not a match for him, Cap," Clint and Elliot told him.

"Thanks, Bartons," Steve replied as Ultron unplugged himself from the Cradle and blasted Steve back onto another car as he tried to enter the truck, but with some maneuvering, Steve managed to get back onto the truck's roof.

"You know what's in that Cradle?" Ultron asked. "The power to make real change, and that terrifies you."

"I wouldn't call it a comfort," Steve shot back as he tried to get in a fight with Ultron.

"Stop it!" Steve's shield got caught in his chest, and he smacked it away before firing at Steve.

---

Clint said to Natasha, "We got a window. Four, three... give 'em hell."

"Be careful," Elliot said.

Natasha nodded to Elliot, dropped out of the Quinjet on a bike and rode towards the truck. On her way, she picked up Steve's shield before saying, "I'm always picking up after you boys."

"They're heading under the overpass," Clint informed. "Elliot and I've got no shot."

"Which way?"

"Hard right... Now." Natasha headed over the truck. She threw Steve back his shield and he used it to knock Ultron away from him.

Natasha said to the pedestrians as she chased after the truck on her bike, "Out of the way, coming through! Sorry, coming through!"

Steve continued his battle with Ultron on top of the truck and cried, "Come on!"

"Clint, can you and Elliot draw out the guards?"

"Let's find out," Clint and Elliot replied.

Natasha, once again, spoke to the pedestrians in her way. "Beep beep!"

Clint and Elliot managed to draw out the Drones from the truck and the latter said, "Heading back towards you. So whatever you're gonna do, do it now."

"I'm going in. Cap, can you keep him occupied?"

Steve, as he continued hus battle with Ultron on a speeding train, retorted, "What do you think I've been doing?"

As Natasha entered the truck, the Drones headed back, picked up the truck and lifted off.

"The package is airborne," Clint said. "Elliot and I have a clean shot."

"Negative. I'm still in the truck," Natasha told them.

"What the hell are you...?" the brothers trailed.

"Just be ready, I'm sending the package to you two."

"How do you want me to take it?"

"Uhh, you two might wish you hadn't asked that."

---

Pietro and Wanda turned up on the train to help Steve fight with Ultron.

"Please. Don't do this," Ultron begged.

"What choice do we have?" Wanda retorted before Ultron flew off.

"I lost him!" Steve yelled. "He's headed your way!"

---

"Nat, we gotta go," Clint and Elliot warned.

Natasha dropped the Cradle into the Quinjet but her foot got caught by Ultron and she was pulled away.

"Nat!" Clint and Elliot called. "Cap, you see Nat?"

"If you have the package, get it to Stark!" Steve told them. "Go!"

"Do you have eyes on Nat?"

"Go!" Reluctantly, Clint and Elliot took off in the Quinjet. "Civilians in our path." Pietro sped off. Steve asked Wanda, "Can you stop this thing?" As Pietro picked up civilians and moved them out of the way of the train, Wanda used her powers and stopped the train.

Elliot closed his eyes, silently wishing Natasha would be okay.