1

I wake up in my cosy bed by somebody opening my blinds and the sun shining right into my eyes. I wince and turn my face into the pillow trying to get away from the sun's seemingly bright rays.

"Time to wake uuupppp~" says my bright and smiling roommate "your going to be latee~" he finishes as I give him a death-glare.

I sit up and look at the clock on my bedside table. '9:48' it reads as I slowly but surely get out of bed.

"You do know I don't start until 1:30 pm." I spit back at him annoyed, whilst he just giggles.

Today was my first day at my new job. I was going to be working at the newly opened restaurant and bar, Kikko's, right in the middle of Chicago. I was going to be a waitress for the restaurant in the early noon, and also a waitress for the bar at eve. Sure it sounds like a lot, but I'd only be working 4 days a week with different hours every day.

I walk out of my room together with my eager friend, as I smell a scent of freshly baked bread coming from the kitchen.

"Good morning (y/n), Mika." says the girl standing by the oven already cutting the loaf into slices. Mika runs up to her and gives her a quick hug before stealing himself a piece and sitting down at the table.

"We thought we should celebrate and bake something fresh for once, since you got the job." she says smiling and handing me one as well.

"Thank you Kaya, but you really shouldn't have." I say as I sit down next to the blonde-haired male.

I live with my two childhood best friends, Mika and Kaya, in a small apartment not far from the very center of Chicago. I've been trying to apply for multiple different jobs since we three moved here together almost 1 years ago, right before my 22nd birthday. This was the one time I'd actually gotten the job, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

My parents had sent me money every month to pay for rent and groceries, but I always felt really guilty about it. It was not like my parents were filthy rich. They had normal jobs with normal incomes but always seemed to have enough money to help me along the way.

Of course they sent me well enough to be able to buy clothes and other necessities, not that I actually needed that many new clothes, as my closet was basically stuffed to the brim with them.

Mika is a fashion designer and always gives me the pieces that he had works on during the day. I am like his very own mannequin. He is also the closest thing I had to an older brother, even though we are the same age with only a few months apart. He always cares for me like an older brother would and makes sure that i'm happy and safe, no matter how much effort it takes him.

^Mika^

^Mika^

Kaya is basically the same. She works as a marketing director for one of the bigger companies in Chicago. She was actually the one who told me about the new restaurant/bar opening up and that I should apply. She is one year older than me and Mika, and always acts like a mom to the two of us. She always makes sure both of us have everything we need and that we always are on time. Me and Mika met her in middle school after she stood up to one of the bullies who was pestering Mika for telling one of the guys that he had a crush on him. Of course I tried too, but they didn't really stop until she told them of. After that we became inseparable.

^Kaya^————————————————————————Kaya sat down after bringing out the butter from the fridge, as her lips curled into a big smile

^Kaya^
————————————————————————
Kaya sat down after bringing out the butter from the fridge, as her lips curled into a big smile.

"How could I not? (Y/n) you have finally gotten a job, like you've wanted for the past year or so. Of course we have to celebrate!" she said enthusiastically as I felt myself slightly blush.

She was right, but I couldn't help but get nervous. I didn't know anyone who worked there, so who was I even going to talk to? What if the owners don't like me?

I pushed those thoughts away as we continued chatting about various things whilst eating our breakfast.

"You ready to pick out an outfit?" whispered Mika as his smile only grew when I hesitantly nodded.

I brought my plate to the dishwasher and was then swept away by Mikas surprisingly strong arms.

He started going through my closet as he picked out something "simple yet still fashionable", as he put it. He finally chose a simple (f/c) top and a pair of (c) bottoms that showed of my beautiful plump figure. He then put on a necklace and a pair of earrings that pulled the entire look together.

Mika smiled as he stepped back to get a full view of what he had dressed me in.

"You look fantastic (y/n)!" He squealed as he pulled me into a hug. "But I swear to God if some creep even tries to look at you!" he says in a serious tone, that made me giggle loudly.

I then headed towards my bathroom to do my hair and makeup. After a bit I stepped out and walked to the living room to tell Mika that I was ready to go, since he was going to drive me to my new job.

I was definitely nervous, as I walked outside to the car. But Mika made it feel better, like he always did.

(a/n)

So that was the first chapter! I know that the plot of the book itself hasn't really started yet but I wanted to just make this chapter more about yk, (y/n)'s life and all that.

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter!

Ill be trying to at-least wright 1-3 chapters a week and since I'm staying home because I caught Covid😍👍 ill probs make way more than that since I'm literally doing nothing all day lol

Make sure to vote and comment! :)))