12

"Yes we should. We could go to this restaurant not to far away from here. I-If you want of course." He answered whilst opening my door.

"That sounds great."
——————————-

We walked out of the mall and went back to Ace's car. He opened the door for me and then put his bags in the backseat. He got in and started driving to the restaurant.

He didn't lie when he said that the restaurant wasn't far away, since it only took a few minutes.

We got out and made our way in to the restaurant. It was in a part of town I hadn't been in and I certainly didn't recognize the restaurant. It did look very beautiful and also quite expensive.

"A table for two, please." Ace said as we were greeted by the waiter.

The waiter led us to a table outside, since it was almost full inside of the restaurant. It didn't matter though, because it was a beautiful day outside.

He led us into a beautiful garden with lights hanging from the ceiling. There weren't to many people sitting there so we got good seats right under one of the lights. We sat down, were each handed a menu and ordered ourselves something to drink.

"I'll have a sparkling water, please." Ace spoke.

"And I'll have one aswell." I said.

"Alright. I will go get your drinks now and then you can order." Stated the waiter.

He walked away and we discussed what we were going to eat. Everything on the menu was pretty pricey, but not so much that I wouldn't be able to pay for it. But maybe I should choose something more inexpensive.

"You can choose whatever you like and I'll pay for it. Don't think that you have to choose something cheap just because I'm paying though. I want you to get something you enjoy." Ace said as he noticed me looking a little bit off.
He's good at sensing things, I suppose.

The waiter came back with the drinks and we ordered the food. I chose (f/f) and Ace got a hamburger with fries.

We chatted for a while about things we like doing, until the waiter came with our food. My meal tasted delicious and Ace's looked good aswell.

"So you want to get a cat, but your unsure of which breed to get?" I questioned as we ate, picking up the conversation once more.

"Yes. At first I wanted to get the same breed my family had growing up, but then I saw so many other breeds that were so cute." He said smiling. "Did you have any pets growing up?"

"Yeah I had a (pet of choice). It was so adorable and I sort of want to have one again, but I don't think I have the time to care for one right now." I answered.

We kept on talking about our childhood until we finished up eating, payed and then decided to make our way back to the car.

"So, are you ready to go home?" He questioned once we got in.

"Yes I am." I spoke. "I had a really great time with you today." I said truthfully.

"I had a great time too." He said with a soft smile.

We arrived at my apartment complex and Ace offered to walk me to the door again.

"I wanted to give you something," He said as we arrived at the door. "Before you go in."

He handed me one of the shopping bags, that I hadn't even noticed him taking with him. I looked up at him confused and he nodded at me to look inside of it.

I peeked inside and saw the familiar color of the dress I tried on. HE HAD BOUGHT ME THE DRESS?

I stared at him utterly speechless and he just smiled.

"Ace. You bought me the dress?!" I said shocked "But it was so expensive? Why'd you do that?" I said slightly mad at him for spending so much money on the gift.

He laughed.

"You just looked so gorgeous in it and I know you wanted it. Didn't you?" He spoke slightly unsure.

"Of course I wanted it! Thank you!!" I almost yelled hugging him.

He chuckled and hugged me back.

I can't believe he bought me the dress? And I didn't even notice him doing it?

I hesitantly pulled back from the hug and looked at him. He just kept on smiling and was looking right back at me.

I cleared my throat "Sorry, I didn't mean to hug you that tight."

"It's alright." he replied as I unlocked the door.
"Oh I almost forgot! Could I have your number? You know, if you want to do something like this again?" He said scratching his neck.

"Of course." I said and told him my number.

"Okay." He mumbled. "Goodbye (y/n)! I'll hopefully see you around."

"Goodbye!" I replied and closed the door.

————
(a/n)

I know I haven't posted in FOREVER and i'm sorry!!
I have just been so busy with school and work and I totally forgot that I even started this lol.

Also AHHH I HAVE ALMOST 3000 VIEWS??!!!
Actually crazy. When i started this i legitimately thought that no one would read it but apparently not? THANK YOU GUYSSS🫶🫶🫶 ily

Don't forget to vote and comment!<3