11

Guess there is just one thing to do.

"Ace?"
—————
"Yes?" he replied as I continued to try to reach for the strings behind my back.

"I think I might need a little help, please" I pleaded whilst slightly struggling to grab them.

I heard some shuffling outside of the curtains and heard Ace walk up to where I was standing, the only thing separating us being the black fabric.

"Can I open the curtains?" he asked with a slight nervous tone of voice.

"Yes, I just need some help lacing up the back of the dress." I answered as the drapes moved to the side.

As I stared behind me through the mirror I could see Ace carefully stepping in to the change-room, not even casting a glance at me but instead staring right at the floor.

"It's alright, I am fully clothed." I said with a small smile.

His eyes slowly looked up from the floor and stared right into mine through the reflective glass. Then he lowered gaze taking in the dress.

His eyes seemed to warm up at the sight and his check were tinted the slightest rosy shade. His eyes rose back to my face as he cleared his throat.

"Sorry, it's just that you look so beautiful." he whispered whilst his fingers slowly grazed my back.

A shiver shot down my spine as he grabbed the two strings and tightened them along my back. I stared at his concentrated face through the mirror as the waistline of the dress cinched in, making my body look as gorgeous as ever.

I could feel his slow breaths on my ear as he continued lacing it up. The blowed air made my heart speed up and my entire body seem like it was on fire.

Am I falling for him?

Tying the strings into a bow his eyes scanned over the dress yet again before meeting with mine all over again. The corners of his mouth turned up to a toothy smile as he spoke.

"It looks wonderful on you Y/n." He said "I think you should consider getting this one."

"We'll see." I said knowing damn well I couldn't afford it, but it was just so beautiful. Oh to be rich.

He let me look at it for a little before helping me lace it down so that I could take it off. After getting it all loose, he stepped out and closed the curtain leaving me by my self.

I sighed as I caressed the dress. Why did it have to look so good. I'd rather it look awful so that I wouldn't even have to think about buying it.

I brought up my phone and snapped a few pictures so that I at least could show it to Mika and Kaya when I got home.

When I finally got the dress of my body and put my normal clothes back on, I took a good look at the tag.

-:7499$

My eyes widened as if I wasn't expecting exactly that. How was it even that expensive? What on this dress made it cost a fortune? Sure, it's pretty... but 7500 dollars type of pretty, I think not.

At this point I was over trying on clothes that cost more then my rent, so I didn't even bother with trying on the rest. I hung the items over my arm and opened the drapes.

There sat Ace looking down at his phone. The movement I made caused him to look up, and his face turned from delight to confusion.

"Is something wrong?" he asked confused as to why I didn't try on the rest and the fact that I looked slightly disappointed.

"No" I lied "I just don't feel like trying on the rest."
I said trying to sound a whole lot cheerier than I was.

"And you're not buying the dress?" he followed up his last question.

"No" this time telling the truth. "It's really expensive and I don't really have this type of money." I said with a slight giggle to lighten up my answer. "But it's alright."

Ace just nodded and stood up whilst grabbing the items he was going to buy.

I hung up the clothing and made my way back to were Ace was standing.

"You can wait outside if you'd like. I'm just going to grab a few other things before I pay." he said stated, not really sounding like he wanted me to stay in the store with him.

I nodded and made my way outside.

Right across from the store was a quaint little bench, which I sat down at whilst waiting.

I didn't have to wait for long before Ace appeared out from the store. He was carrying two bags, one which seemed lighter then the other. I didn't question it though as I stood up and joined him.

We made our way to the next store, Prada.

To be totally honest I didn't really have a clue that they sold as many menswear as I saw as we walked in. There was everything from suits to basic shirts and pants.

To avoid another embarrassing encounter with the workers, we headed directly towards the clothes. Luckily no one approached us as we continued to do what we did before.

I sat down on yet another sofa as I waited for Ace to be done changing.

This time he came out wearing a suit. It was a gorgeous smoky black and unlike his other one, actually fit him. Underneath he had a white undershirt and a black tie to bring it all together.

He smoothened the fabric over his chest and then looked up.

"How does it look?" he asked with a smile.

I want you to bend me over and-

"It looks great!" I spoke ignoring the thoughts in my head.

"I think i'm going to buy this one." He said as he turned around and fiddled with his tie. "Could you take a photo? Just to see how it looks from your perspective."

"Sure." I said trying my best to not sound too excited. I'm obviously not going to say no to having pictures of this man in a SUIT.

I took out my phone and snapped a few photos and then showed them to him.

"See I told you it looks great." I spoke as he looked at them.

"So do you want to go anywhere else?" he asked as we walked out of the mall.

"Maybe we could grab something to eat?" I suggested as we made our way over to his car.

"Yes we should. We could go to this restaurant not to far away from here. I-If you want of course." He answered whilst opening my door.

"That sounds great."

(a/n)

I haven't posted in forever because i've had SO MUCH SCHOOLWORK TO DO. Im going insane nog even joking. But I forced myself to write this awful accuse of a chapter, even though I literally have no motivation to even survive anymore😍🤘🤘🤘

Also this "book" is going to have 192562 chapters and is going to be EXTREMELY SLOWBURN-Y. Shits gonna go on forever.

BUT i might add some smut in a few later chapters😋😋. If you guys want of course.

jk ill still write it even if y'all don't want me to🫶.

COMMENT IF U WANT ME TO WRITE IT!

Luv you all 🫶🥹

Don't forget to vote and comment!<3