Birthday One-Shot

This is cannon for the story. and...HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICO!!! Today is one of my favorite days of the year. 

Nico and y/n have been searching for Percy for months. When he suddenly vanished they immediately got up and left. It's been 3 months. It's now January 28 of next year. Y/n's boyfriend's birthday. He only told her once and never again. And she was sure she was going to make it his best birthday yet. Even though they were short on cash she still had enough to have McDonald's(His favorite), a night of horror movies at a theater(snuck in of course), with lots of cuddles and even more junk food. She walked up to the McDonald's and ordered. It wasn't crowded because of the flurries of white powder falling from Olympus above. It was chilly but she had Nico's aviator to keep her warm.

"Hi, may I please have a bundle box, a happy meal, one coke and one y/f/s, please. " She asked, a polite smile gracing her features.

"Yeah sure whatever." The cashier boy rolled his eyes. And got her food. She walked out food in hand and went back to the motel.

"Where are we going, mia regina?" Nico asked, confused.

"The movies," y/n responded simply. " I need you to sneak us in. Tickets are expensive." He nodded but was still confused. When they arrived Nico SHadowed them in and he followed her to the correct showing room. Nico looked at the title of the movie "Friday the 13th".

"Why are we seeing a horror movie? You hate those." He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head slightly to the left like a confused dog.

"For your birthday Nico. Happy Birthday my love." Y/n kissed him sweetly on the lips. He was startled by the suddenty of it but kissed back. y/n grabbed his and and pulled him into the theater. In the theater in the back he saw McDonald's. She looked over at him and saw the twinkle of excitement in his eyes. He looked like a little kid. Something she knew he missed out on. He rushed to their seats and saw a cozy black blanket. He jumped onto the chair and cuddled into the blanket. He took a sip of his soda. y/n rolled her eyes playfully.

"You happy Nico?"Y/n asked standing in front of him. He pulled her into his lap and pecked her neck. She giggled.

"Yes. I am. Thank you my love. Thanks for the birthday. Now let's eat some Mickey D's." He proposed as he sat y/n down beside him. She snuggled into his side. He put an arm around her shoulder and they cuddled. The movie wasn't scary because it was from the 80's but Nico still loved it. And the food. And the snacks. And y/n. He loved her with all his heart.

"Y/n."

"Yes Nico?"

"I love you. I love more than Aphrodite could make anyone love. I love you with all my heart, being, and soul." He kissed her forehead. Nico was tearing up. He never loved someone this much before and it made him scared yet happy.

"I love you too Nico." They shared a kiss. When they pulled away they gazed into eachothers' eyes. Nico's eyes had looked like the calm before a storm. Y/n's looked like the light shining through the autumn leaves. They looked away bashfully. They took each other's hands and watched the not-so-scary horror movies.