It's okay. ( Baby bro series)

Jungkook took a deep breath and rang the doorbell before opening the door himself.

He saw all of them staring at him with urgency in their eyes. Jimin was standing there with two coffee mugs in his hands and seemed pissed off. He wasn't the only one though.

Taehyung and Hoseok also looked like they could punch anyone who came in their way.

Namjoon and Jin were worried sick, Yoongi was the only one who had a somewhat neutral expression on his face.

"Hey hyungs" Jungkook said hesitantly.

"KIM JUNGKOOK!! You dissappear with out a trace , don't pick our calls, refuse to reply our texts and you say HEY!!" Taehyung was furious.

He quickly crossed the room and stood on front of his brother with a menancing look on his face.

Jungkook almost whimpered hearing his hyung talk like that.  He trembled out an answer  in a whisper " I needed to clear my mind."

"You could have said so before dissapearing on us like that! Do you know how worried we all were?"  Namjoon said in a hard tone, his eyes showed the dissapointment he was feeling.

He took a deep breath before putting it out to them straight and clear. "I'm not going to apologise for going out alone. That was kinda Taehyung and Jimin hyung's fault."  He was nervous, yes but he was not going to back out now.

Taehyung was about to retort when Jimin spoke up. " I know and we're sorry for that but you can't just run out like that and dont expect us to worry Jungkook."

"You should have just popped a text to any one of us and we would have been satisfied." Hoseok told him with a concerned face.

"Point taken. " Jungkook nodded.

Jin and Yoongi hadn't spoken yet and
Jungkook looked at Jin expectantly.

" You're grounded, I've been too soft for too long Jungkook. And tell me, who exactly gave you permission to go on a date. " Jin's arms were crossed in front of chest as he chastitised  his youngest sibling.

"It wasn't a date, she was just there when I reached the restraunt. Why would I go on a date where you all could see me anyway?" Jungkook retailiated, he was determined to stick to his story.

"Still doesn't beat the fact why you were dressed up so nicely. "  Taehyung sneered, crossing his arms too.

Jungkook made a show of being annoyed and rolled his eyes " Wheein was here to study and she decided to raid my closet." 

"Don't you roll your eyes at us young man." Namjoon reprimaded him.

"You're all being so crazy about this, it's not like I got hurt and I'm fourteen for god's sake! I think I should be allowed to hang out with my friends." Jungkook huffed out and sat down on the floor  cross legged. Now he was truly annoyed.

All the brothers shared looks of amusement and supressed their smiles, Jungkook's actions were in stark contrast with his words.

They all except Yoongi argued some more until Yoongi finally stood up from the couch and yelled " Alright, break it off. "

Everybody stopped talking immediately. "But Hyung-" Jungkook stopped when Yoongi glared at him.

"Y'all need to chill out and stop treating Jungkook like he's a toddler." He looked at the older ones and then focused on the youngest

"And you,   We might agree that you're not so little anymore but you're still young enough for us to put you in time out, got it? You're grounded for the week, go bring me all your devices."

Jungkook wanted to protest badly but he knew better than to act on his instinct and land himself in even more trouble.
" Yes hyung" With that, he went upstairs to get his electronics.

As soon as Jungkook was out of earshot, Yoongi narrowed his eyes at his brothers "I've warned you all multiple times to stop babying the kid so much. If you keep this up outbursts like this will keep happening more frequently than you'd like."

"But hyung, it's like a default." Hoseok almost whined.

"Then fix it Hoseok." Yoongi raised a brow and Hoseok nodded.

Yoongi then turned to Jin and said " I know you can't stop yourself but try to keep it down a few notches Hyung. He might be fine with you babying him but don't get too excessive .

"Fine." Jin rolled his eyes, " I'm so mad at him, you don't even have any idea. He's getting my cold shoulder for the week, see for yourself how he begs me to baby him then." he smirked.

Taehyung laughed, "Yeah right, you'll give up way before he does."

"Good luck with that hyung" Namjoon patted his shoulder.

"You guys don't believe me ? I'll prove it to you."  Jin said indignantly.

"Sure you will." Jimin replied as he laughed with Taehyung.

Their Laughter ceased as they heard Jungkook's foot steps coming down stairs.

They all quickly put on somber expressions on their faces. Jungkook had a lot of devices in his room, his laptop, his phone, his ipad, his many hand held video games, the tv remote , his nintendo, the xbox and more stuff that was in the huge cardboard box Jungkook had brought down.

All the brothers were speechless, sure Jungkook had gotten grounded before but Yoongi only took away his xbox and phone, they had no idea their little brother harboured so many gadgets. They all recognised one thing or other they had gotten for him.

"Damn Kookie, you've got a lot of stuff there." Taehyung voiced everybody's thoughts.

Jungkook just shrugged his shoulders, the truth was that this wasn't all he had, he had a camera and another tablet too but he didn't bother bringing them down.

Jin furrowed his brows as he looked through the contents of the box, "Where did you get that game from? I thought you only had one nintendo"

"Jimin hyung got it for me, last christmas." Jungkook answered.

"Yeah I did." Jimin confirmed.

"Jungkook, this is a lot of stuff. Didn't know we spoiled you this much" Namjoon said teasingly.

"Your fault" The 14 year old grinned.

Yoongi let out a low whistle before he spoke " You'll get these by next week."
Jungkook shrugged an okay before beginning to climb the stairs.

He suddenly stopped and asked "I can still date right ?"

He was hoping Yoonhi would say yes.

All the brothers looked at Yoongi, who sighed and nodded.

"Yes , you can date." He confirmed.

"Great! Thanks hyung. You're the best."  The youngest cheered.

As Jungkook retreated to his room Jin's mouth hung open as Yoongi smirked.

They began to banter playfully a out who was Jungkook's favourite.

Jungkook laughed as he could hear all of them yelping downstairs.

Things will always be the same, no matter how old he got.
His Hyungs will always fight over whose his favourite.
It was a sign that it's okay. They were okay. Nothing changed after today.

Or did it ?