02

CHAPTER TWO ;
PUPPET

ACT ONE ;
ETERNITY'S GUARDIAN

"So Aether, are you feeling any better?" The tiny pixie referred to being hit by the lightning of the raiden shogun

The traveller was confused, however. The God clearly intended to kill him, but he survived.

Was it luck?

Did she not use all of her power?

He didn't even know anymore but was thankful to be able to even breathe at this point.

"I suppose," he replied.

He had taken refuge with the resistance after running away. They had been welcoming and accepted him as a part of them.

It was nice, though the constant rain got annoying after a few days.

He had pretty much recovered from the almost fatal blow. He had resorted to helping the newbies train and discuss war strategies.

Despite all the fighting he had been a part of, Aether was definitely no expert in the art of war.

"I dunno... hit them hard enough?" He exclaimed awkwardly at a young solider by the name of Teppei who was holding a polearm.

A laugh came out of the soldier as he gave a sarcastic 'thanks'.

Aether observed the test dummy. It had a tall stature, probably even taller than Thoma, and had multiple arms. It was also a lot more "active" than the others.

"Why is the dummy so specific looking?"

A hum came from Teppei as he swerved to dodge the straw arm that quickly swiped towards him.

"It's supposed to simulate fighting the shadow."

"The what?" Aether stated solemnly.Never had he heard such a name.

"You've not heard the guys talk about it? I hear them discuss how scary she is all the time. "

Aether shook his head, and Teppei put the polearm back on the rack and sat on the ground, patting the ground to invite the traveller to join.

"The shadow is more like an alias. No one knows her real name, but she's seen sometimes just lurking elsewhere." An encouraging nod came from the blonde, urging the soldier to go on.

"She wears similar attire to the Raiden Shogun but it's a lot darker, which leads to the assumption that she's some sort of assassin for the shogun. That's why she's the shadow of the raiden shogun"

A visible shiver came from the young man.

"She's more like a legend... she doesn't feel real."

Confusion overcomes the traveller.

"Is she a God then? Does she actually have four arms?"

An amused laugh came from Teppei.

"No!" He laughed between deep breaths before he calmed down again, "but seriously, no one really knows whether she is human, I've heard she's super fast and has precise movements, and that's why there are four arms, to show how fast it would be, but she also has electro-vision, which could suggest she is a human."

A nod came from the traveller as he was about to get up. A panicked low rank came over with sweat rolling down his face.

"The Shogunate Army! Kujou Sara! She's here! "

The emphasis on "she" made the blonde lift an eyebrow as he hastily got up and followed the frantic man.

Why was this Sara lady so terrifying?

Or was he talking about a person even worse?

══════════════════

simply built different

544 words

edited ✓