11

CHAPTER ELEVEN ;
YOU ARE NO LONGER MY SHADOW

ACT ONE ;
ETERNITY'S GUARDIAN

ACT ONE ;ETERNITY'S GUARDIAN

"We won."

From behind, I heard a familiar voice, and as I turned, I saw the equally familiar Kitsune with pink hair.

"I can see that, Miko."

She raised her eyebrow, her ear following, before she let out a chuckle.

"Since when were you one to joke? Has being away from your puppet friend given you a sense of humour?"

"Of course not. Though, I don't recall the last time I told a proper joke to someone"

She gave an understanding nod with a smug smile before explaining what had gone down in the plane of Euthymia.

"So she's thinking it through, huh?"

Again, the kitsune looked confused.

"Oh? Why do you sound disappointed? I thought you didn't like her way of pursuing eternity?"

"It's nothing that concerns you, Miko."

The shrine maiden shrugged her shoulders, "I suppose you hold a fair point."

Now it was my turn to be surprised.

"What's this? Are you keeping out of someone's business? Impossible! " I nudged her shoulder slightly to tease her but was only met with an indifferent laugh.

As we carried on small talk, I heard the footsteps of someone approaching. Miko seemed to have noticed it too, as we both turned at the same time.

"Oh? After the incident at Tenshukaku, I wouldn't think we'd see you here again, Sara," Miko smiled at the purple haired woman who strutted over only to stop with her hands crossed.

"Her excellency requests your presence at Tenshukaku, [Y/N]." The swift yet straightforward answer followed by the general walking away was abrupt, but I stood up nonetheless and curtly nodded at the Shrine Maiden.

"I suppose I'll see you soon then, Miko." She gave a hum, and another set of footsteps were heard on the wooden panels, only this time it wasn't a very pleasant presence.

I waved off before my vision was taken over by the familiar dullness of my subconscious.

﹌﹌﹌