10

CHAPTER TEN ;
INTO THE FLAMES

ACT ONE;
ETERNITY'S GUARDIAN

"Well then, I see no reason to keep you here any longer, considering the rabid harbinger

"Well then, I see no reason to keep you here any longer, considering the rabid harbinger. "I wish you all the best, little one," the kitsune said as the puppet began to walk away on its own.

I felt my chest tighten as we approached closer to Tenshukaku faster and faster. Even if you hadn't opened the door, you could feel the heat emanating from it.

It wasn't unknown for harbingers to have multiple abilities due to the delusions they were gifted by the Tsaritsa.

I watched as the puppet's gloved hands pushed the door open with confidence and something more...

She was angry.

Though being able to feel what she felt was impossible, after living through her eyes, it came as second nature to pick up her body language.

She was proud and terrifyingly loyal to the Raiden Shogun, and the fact that we were going against the tyrant had evidently ticked her off.

The Archon's gaze fell towards the door as the dangerous dance between the traveller and the harbinger commenced. The harbinger threw in taunting comments and wicked laughter as she seemingly aimed for the floor blind with a blazing whip.

The puppet stalked around the battleground towards the God's vessel silently and stood beside her with a dark look.

They said nothing to each other, but it was clear that they knew of the other's intention.

I knew deep in my heart what had to be done.

A battle before the Shogun was fated to be a bloody and savage one. And only one would walk out alive, well, if they could still walk, that is.

And with a thud, the Fair Lady fell to the ground in agony, confusion etched into her alluring face.

She let out a few groans of pain as she stared back at the traveller.

"So strong...but...but how?"

The shogun turned and looked into the puppet's eyes, and even though she couldn't see me, I felt as though I was being glared upon by her herself.

The puppet gave a swift nod before her legs started to slowly make their way towards the centre, where the harbinger lay.

Her eyebrows furrowed before her eyes widened as the realisation of what was about to happen set in quickly.