06

CHAPTER SIX ;
LAND OF THE SUBCONCIOUS

ACT ONE ;
ETERNITY'S GUARDIAN

The traveller didn't exactly know where to find this mysterious being

The traveller didn't exactly know where to find this mysterious being. So instead, he opted to just walk around aimlessly.

The night was chilly, and the frustration was starting to build up. Why was it so hard to find her?

It was unusual for it to be so quiet. Usually he would have Paimon chatting his ear off about useless topics, but she had decided to sleep for the night.

Heaving a sigh, he strolled through the Chinju forest with no destination in mind and instead followed the luminescent plants that delicately glowed.

"You... why are you here?" A deep voice echoed, causing the blonde to whip around quickly. The golden particles surrounded his palms as they solidified into a sword.

Even though he had been looking for her, she had turned up so unexpectedly, to the point she caught him off guard.

Her stance was confident. She didn't hold a polearm like when he first met her, but he could tell she was ready to do so if she so wanted to.

"You're..." Aether seemed to choke on his words. The nervousness was overwhelming.

"You're not a person... are you?" He was confronted, his voice small.

The puppets' eyes narrowed. A bright purple seemed to glow in the prominent darkness.

"Well, you are a person! I mean, YOU aren't the real one, are you?" The traveller raised his head, making himself appear taller.

A long hum came from the tall woman, it crossed her arms.

"Even if I were to disclose such details to you, what good would it do for you, traveller?"

Silence. The puppet nodded its head to itself and gold started to linger behind her, the familiar purple of the polearm appearing soon after.

"No matter, you are but an obstacle to me. An enemy of eternity of your calibre must be exterminated immediately. "

Before the male could even react, a bright flash of purple appeared behind him, and so did the puppet figure.

The dull pain of the hilt of the polearm was felt on his shoulder, and he jerked forward to dodge the upcoming blade that was sent straight to his neck.

The blonde quickly dashed forwards again, thinking it was impossible for someone to recover from something so quickly.

Alas, a shadow could overcome anything.

His golden eyes widened as he met with the dead violet ones.

Another swift motion was seen from the corner of his eye, but he was too slow to react.

He felt himself go dizzy and black started to fog his vision up.

"Farewell."

He could've sworn he only blinked once, and all of a sudden he was in a completely different place. It had become dark and warmer. An engraved symbol of electro was on the ground, similar to the plane of euthymia.

The place where the raiden shogun resided was empty and had an eerie vibe throughout the whole thing. Nothing but shows filled the place.

On the other hand, he dares to say, this place was pleasant.

Though pleasant was an understatement, it was breathtaking.

The sky was a deep, comforting blue with splodges of purple. It was like a watercolour painting that took years to make.

Constellations danced in the sky and the golden-eyed outlander couldn't help but gawk with a wonder-struck gaze.

After his little stargazing session, his eyes came across a floating figure.

They looked serene and calm but emanated a certain aura that practically screamed at him to stay away.

"You're a brave one, I shall give you that." A voice rang. It was similar to the puppet, but was a bit higher.

The figure slowly touched the ground, their footsteps making no sound. They walked with such precision it looked like art.

"I hear you intend to fight me," they mused, but a smile didn't show on their faces.

"I do—!" The blonde beamed with confidence, but a harsh stare was received back.

"You can't even beat a simple puppet in a sword fight, yet you think you'll beat me?" A hoarse laugh echoed throughout the plain.

"Very well then! Let's both do our best!"

══════════════════

700 words

edited ✓