04

CHAPTER FOUR ;
DEAD EYES

ACT ONE ;
ETERNITY'S GUARDIAN

(mentions of blood, death and war!!)

The blonde traveller had cleared the army's 'strongest' warriors with ease. They weren't as strong as he had anticipated, but he could feel a menacing aura somewhere.

They were lurking.

like a shadow.

The fight was definitely on. With Sara making the call and telling her troops to charge at them with all they had.

Blood soon stained the sand, and the water turned a murky red in no time. Then a few murmurs of surprise erupted from near the back, then screams of terror.

Sure, against the Shogunate army, there were a few screams and such, but none were as horrifying to listen to as that.

One by one, the screams were silenced with loud thuds and followed by loud crashes of thunder.

His golden eyes widened in realisation as he turned around only to see a path of red.

'I've heard she's super fast and has precise movements ... she also has electro vision, which could suggest she is a human'

'That means-!'

His thoughts were cut off as he swiftly crouched down, evading a swift polearm strike that was aimed at his head.

A few strands of hair fell to the ground as Aether stumbled back quickly. The person in question stood quietly, blood dripping from the blade they held.

They wore attire similar to that of the Raiden Shogun, except it had an ominous black replacing the graceful white the God herself had.

The polearm was a dark purple with a ragged blade, much like a lightning bolt.

Their eyes were dull and dead, like they held nothing.

There was no doubt that this was the woman Teppei was talking about!

"You... dodged it." She dragged her words out as her purple eyes bore into his. With a swift flick, the red liquid flew off the blade and onto the already tainted blade.

The traveller gritted his teeth as he watched the soldiers behind her fight on. None of them had noticed, and if they had, they definitely couldn't help him.

The woman raised her hand and lightning engulfed her palm. The weapon she held radiated a bright purple in turn.

"No matter... I doubt you can dodge this anyway. Goodbye"

With that, a bright beam came barrelling towards him, and he dodged, but when he looked up to check if he was safe, right in front of his eyes was the electrified tip of a polearm.

He brought his sword up to block, though he knew he was too late, but then a loud crash was heard.

The polearm was replaced with a large claymore and a hearty laugh.

"Sorry, kid! I was too busy fighting these amateurs. It's nice to fight someone who looks like they actually know what they're doing!" A cackle came from the pirate, and Aether beamed at the sight.

He really thought he was going to die.

A huff came from the mysterious being as she heard the general call back.

"So many enemies... how troublesome..." She scowled before purple cackled around her and she was gone in a flash of light.

The traveller fell into exhaustion. The shock is now catching up to him.

The alcoholic pirate patted his shoulder as they both watched the higher ranks walk towards them, along with the priestess, Gorou, Teppei, and Kazuha.

"You okay, traveler? You look like you've seen a ghost," Teppei joked as he got up from the sand. His legs felt like jelly.

"You weren't kidding... she really is on another level."

As sounds of surprise came from the group, the traveller couldn't help but get deep into thought.

Something was off about her and the shogun. Their movements were similar and they both had the same eyes... they didn't feel alive.

══════════════════

another clarification:

The puppet looks a little different than the host, like her eyes are purple and she's a lot taller.

659 words

edited ✓