09

CHAPTER NINE ;
REBELLION

ACT ONE ;
ETERNITY'S GUARDIAN

The traveller was not arrested

The traveller was not arrested. Actually, the whole arrest seemed to be thrown out the window by Kujou Sara after Yae told her about her family's lying to the Shogun's face.

She ran in a blind rage, presumably to confront the head of the Kujou clan.

The traveller ran after her in a hurry, along with his floating companion, who dissappeared into thin air.

They completely forgot about the foreboding puppet that stood with a deadpan face.

The pink-haired shrine maiden let out a teasing chuckle.

"What? Did you miss me so much that you didn't want to leave? Surely a lifeless puppet doesn't care about such things? Unless it's—"

"Miko. Why would you purposely lead us here when you knew that Lady Kujou wouldn't hesitate to arrest the traveller"

A much lighter voice. The puppet's mouth didn't move, and it seemed that the voice came from thin air.

The kitsune was wise, however, knowing exactly where it came from.

"Oh? Precious little [Y/N] finally decides to speak to me after so long? What a lovely surprise. Also, what a silly question, I know you know I summoned you here."

The puppet uncrossed its arms but said nothing, almost as if it was waiting impatiently.

"It wasn't a silly question, you're just unpredictable when it comes to your plans."

Miko laughed again. It had a subtle hint of happiness.

"I'm surprised the puppet is letting you talk! Staying here is disobeying the Shogun directly, you know. "

"I'm well aware, but after some tinkering, I was able to drill it into her mind that you should be treated similarly to the shogun. This way, communicating with you shouldn't be that hard. It's just getting up here that's the difficult part."

The Fox Lady nodded in understanding, bringing her hand to her lips as if she was thinking of something incredibly important.

"So, that means that you're getting the hang if controlling the puppet more? I must say, Ei put a lot of work into [Y/N] proofing her"

The voice hummed.

"She did. I wasn't able to even take control until a few months ago, and when I did, it was for a very brief moment. The longest I've gone in the body of the puppet is 15 minutes. It's as if mother knew I'd try and start taking control of her. "

"Maybe she didn't see the need to make herself accessible. You can materialise into your physical form with a little difficulty if really needed, can you not?"

"Yes... but it's gotten... harder." The voice sounded troubled — worried.

Miko couldn't help but narrow her eyes slightly in concern. It seemed that the voice felt this as an invitation to go on.

"With the puppet being the main driving force when it comes to my whole existence, it makes me worried that it's gotten harder and harder to appear in my true form. At first I thought I may just be rusty from not being in my human form for a while, but the fact that I can't stay in the puppet for a long time just proves my suspicions. "

"And that is?"

"The puppet is starting to ignore my orders, and rebel against me."

══════════════════

Story building 💪😈

It'll be explained further throughout the story, so you might be a little confused right now. I've tried to be vague for a reason!

574 words

edited ✓