Winter is coming

Between competition practices and billions of school works and essays I haven't really got time to think about previous encounters with Theo and my dream. Maybe I just dreamt that because of alcohol or someone drugged my drink. That was the only reasonable explanation that I had.

November was as chilly as ever and you could already see kids wearing all kinds of colorful beans and scarfs. Older students kept it simple but their rosy cheeks were enough to brake the repetitive shades of autumn.

I was desperately waiting for the first snow and winter to come. Hogsmead was always sparkling when it was under the snow, plus Christmas looks the best on everything. There were a lot of things to be excited about in the next few weeks: the first part of competition, the annual Malfoy ball, Christmas, the amazing New Year's eve party at Pansy's house and, ofcourse, visiting Hogsmead while it's winter.

A huge line in front of Mcgonagall office made me lose my thoughts. It was one last day of practices before the big competition day. I was feeling nervous, I won't lie about that, but I was also very much so excited. I loved competitions and chances to prove my worth, even though I am worthy enough without the damn competition.

We finally settled inside our transfiguration teacher's office and were ready to start Merlin knows what.

A cat jumped on the desk and transformed back into our teacher – which looked as creepy and fascinating as it can be – and started giving us instructions. We were supposed to first do a little test sort of. We had 20 minutes to write as much potion recipes that we can think of. It wasn't a part of the competition – in the real competition we would have to make the potions, not write them down – but it was enough to tease our memories and give us more preparation.

After 20 minutes more or less we were supposed to duel, again. Mcgonagall splitted us in pairs of two and we all practiced together. Looking around me everyone was making more fun than practicing but considering my pair was Mione, who will never let down a moment to study, we had as much fun as an atheist in church.

Mione and I finished our duel 2:2. We were tied, but we were okay with that. We all said our goodbyes to Mcgonagall and were ready to go to our final practice – flying.

The courtyard was freezing, although that would be the nicest thing to say. I had no idea how would I be flying with all the bloody layers I was wearing, but you know, I always go with the flow. Besides, flying was the only thing I was the most confident about. Everytime I would feel nervous or scared while flying I would always remember my dad and his words, and it immediately felt better. Just like he was there. With me. Everytime I close my eyes.

Madam Hooch's whistle echoed in the empty-ish courtyard making us all turn around to the source of the noise. Her silver hair was shining under the dim sunlight and her piercing yellow eyes made her look scarier than she was.

"Alright folks, let's gather around and listen to a few words that I have to say." We followed her instructions and made a half circle around her.

"Now that all of you can hear me I think we are ready to begin. I have five simple tasks for you to do, after that you're free to go."

That's sounded comforting considering it was fucking freezing and it was soon to be dinner. I called my broom and in less than few seconds she was right in front of me. I mounted her and was ready for the tasks.

The first task was Reversing. We had to quickly fly to the opposite direction without loosing our balance. It took me few seconds to do that but it was easy. Almost all of us were successful.

Broom surfing was our second task and as much as it sounds fun it's also very much complicated. I used that technique couple of times while playing Quidditch but I almost never used it when flying in a straight line. It was a weird technique, and balance was the most important.

We waited a bit longer for everyone to be done, I had to close my eyes one moment because I was afraid someone will fall from their broom, but thankfully we all made it.

Riding Facing Backwards turned out to be easier than we thought so we all finished fast and successfully, and the only thing that was left was one of our famous advanced Quidditch techniques: Talirek Twirl. We're supposed to roll on our brooms more than once, originally to avoid Bludgers but now was just to practice.

I hated that move to be honest, my head always felt wobbly after it. But fuck it.

The last task was speed flying aka we just had to see who is the fastest. Madam Hooch splitted us in a groups of four and we were ready to race. I sadly lost to Potter but it only gave me more motivation to beat him in the real competition.

_________________________________________

I know this one is very, very short but it's just a filler chapter and I didn't want to ramble about how they went to dinner after and so on. Ngl the next chapter is going to be adorable but for now go and do something you love while I'm studying.. kisses <3