Alpha Yours, Omega Mine: Chapter #1 - Omega

Stiles absolutely shouldn't do this, and he knew that but what choice did he have? He was scared and alone which meant his only thought was how he could remedy those two things. So, he entered the website into the search bar that he knew by heart now because he had visited it many times over the past few months. He smiled when the website loaded. His eyes alighted on the home page and the first thing he saw was what he desperately wanted to have. Stiles desperately wanted a mate.

The website, called Alpha Yours, showed you the life you could have if you used their services and Stiles wanted that life. He wanted to cuddle by the fireplace in the dead of winter in the warm protective embrace of his Alpha and he wanted to relax under a tree, reading with his head on his Alpha's lap while his Alpha read. Those words his alpha made him whine as the hole in his heart grew.

As his cursor hovered over the button, he had no second thoughts like he did every time before. He had no second thoughts because there was no one to tell him it was a horrible idea and there was no one to offer to be his alpha, no one waiting in the wings for him. He listened to the silence filling the small apartment he got near campus, typed in his email and then clicked apply. He waited patiently as the screen loaded to a confirmation page before opening his email and getting to work on the application.

The first time he realized there was an application, he had backed out immediately. Who wouldn't? After all, he didn't want to tell some strangers all about himself and his sad life but now that worry was replaced by a desperation to belong to someone. He would tell them whatever they wanted to know if it meant he wouldn't have to spend another moment alone. Some of the questions seemed a bit invasive but he was sure they were important to ensuring the service worked correctly for all those willing to pay for it and, well, Stiles had been saving up for this.

When he got to the final question it was the first time he paused. It was a question that had his heart racing and his breath hitching. Taking a deep breath, he read it aloud in a soft whisper. "Why have you decided to fill out the application and use our service?" He sighed as he felt the ache in his heart grow before he wrote out his answer in the provided text box.

I'm tired of feeling alone. The ache is so deep that it pierces my soul. I want what I see in the pictures, and I know it's not so simple, but I'd give my life for just a chance at happiness. I want to find my Alpha.

After looking over his application again to be sure he didn't miss anything, he attached it to the email as instructed and included a picture of himself. It wasn't anything super fancy. It was a picture of him outside, sitting under a tree with his dimples showing as he grinned at his friend who had been gracious enough to take the picture. He looked at the picture fondly, remembering how warm and content he felt that day. A small spark of hope flickered in his heart. It was possible the venture will be successful. Maybe just maybe with the help of this service, that smile would find a permanent home on his face as he found a permanent home for his heart.