Alpha Yours, Omega Mine: Chapter #11 - Mine?

POV: Derek

Derek watched as Stiles remained deep in his drop and he couldn't stop himself from memorizing every detail of Stiles's face. His eyelashes were long, and he'd already seen his eyes that were whiskey gold. His breath was even through slightly parted light pink lips in a perfect cupid's bow shape. He was the most beautiful omega Derek had ever seen even with tear streaked cheeks. That didn't even begin to cover just how fucking perfect he smelled. Derek started to realize just how attached he was and how his wolf was practically purring with approval despite the anger that was bubbling inside him. Derek was furious at the alpha who had hurt Stiles.

After he realized just how attached he was, Derek allowed his mind to wander to what ifs. Before too long, he had shifted into his full wolf form. He belatedly realized it probably wasn't the best idea, but with his wolf at the forefront of his mind, the belated realization went ignored. He rumbled and curled around Stiles who threaded his fingers into Derek's fur in response. The omega let out a soft pleased whine at the contact even in his dropped state of consciousness.

Derek paid no attention to the time, too busy drinking in the sight of the beautiful and perfect omega in his arms.

When 7:30 am rolled around, he heard Erica coming. He wasn't sure what to do but the closer she got to his office, the louder he growled. It rumbled deeply in his chest. In fact, when the blonde knocked on his office door and took a step inside, he growled out loud and low.

Erica froze and her eyes widened. "Oh shit. Derek? What happened?"

Derek pulled Stiles closer with his paw and growled again.

"Derek Hale! He is not—" She saw the bruised cheek as well as the gash on the same cheek and her eyes flashed yellow. "He hurt him?!"

Derek let out a high pitched whine without pausing his growl.

Erica made a fist. "I need to call his emergency contact."

As Erica left to retrieve Stiles's file, Derek looked down at him and whimpered, knowing he was going to have to say goodbye. The thought made his wolf protest as he didn't want to say goodbye. Who would keep the omega safe if Derek wasn't there? So, while he waited for Stiles's emergency contact to show up, he nuzzled his nose against Stiles's cheek, trying to get a little bit of his scent on him but not too much. He refused to fully scent the omega without his consent.

🐺⋅☆⋅🦊

Less than a half hour later, a fiery redhead was being led into his office by Erica. "Mr. Hale, this is Ms. Martin. Ms. Martin, this is Mr. Hale."

"Call me Lydia," the redhead—Lydia—said, her eyes falling on her friend. "Oh hell."

Derek growled at both girls and Erica scolded him. "Derek! You cannot be here when he wakes up."

Derek whined as he internally protested. '...but mine. My Mate. Mine.'

Lydia tilted her head giving Derek an assessing look. "Derek, huh? Interesting. Well, he's my best friend. I need to make sure that he's ok as he can be. Though judging by the bruises and the gash, I'm going to have to enlist his father's help to avoid jailtime for murder."

Erica smirked but then looked at Derek, giving him a sad smile. "Come on, Der. You can wait in my office."

Derek's heart ached just thinking about leaving Stiles's side and about Stiles leaving here again without him, but he got up and hopped down. His ears dropped, his tail nearly lifeless and with one last look at the omega, he followed Erica to her office. Once there Derek shifted back, sank down onto the couch and put his head in his hands.