Alpha Yours, Omega Mine: Chapter #16 - Fox

Derek moved to kneel, holding the in his hands, his eyes wide as he took in the little kit. "Stiles?" he asked in disbelief.

The baby fox tilted its head and its ear twitched. Two little ears swiveled as the fox kit took in its surroundings. With a twitch of its nose, the fox's tail curled around Derek's arm. Then, satisfied that it was safe, the fox kit gave a small nod.

Derek blinked several times in surprise, still trying to comprehend what he was seeing, but he couldn't help grinning. "Well, I'll be damned. You're gorgeous, Little Fox," he praised, moving to sit on the couch and chuckling as the baby fox wiggled. "So beautiful, little omega."

The fox's eyes snapped to Derek's as a soft purr erupted within its chest and a s mall smile formed on its face. Despite being in fox form, Derek could see the intelligence in his eyes, and something told the alpha that the fox wanted to be held close. So, he pulled Stiles close against him and nuzzled his nose against the fox's head. Stiles let out another pleased purr and melted into Derek's embrace.

"Hey Der I thi–" Erica started before freezing in the doorway. "Fox. Is that a fox? Why is there a baby fox in your office?" she inquired, equal parts stunned and awed.

"It's Stiles," Derek said as he met Erica's curious gaze with a goofy grin. "He shifted. Isn't that extraordinary?"

Stiles nuzzled his nose against Derek's neck and then looked at him with a smile.

"Yes. Extraordinary is one word for it. Dangerous is another," she admitted with apprehension in her tone.

Derek glanced at her with a frown and cradled Stiles close to his chest protectively. "Why is it dangerous?" he asked in a defensive tone.

"Der? I don't mean it in a bad way. I read his file just now. Do you know what he is? Like fully?" she asked.

Derek shook his head. "No. I mean I was too caught up in how beautiful the picture of him was. Don't you think that he should be the one to tell me what he is?" he pleaded, hoping Erica wouldn't take away from how special the moment was. Derek didn't care what Stiles was. All he cared about was that Stiles was his.

"You have a point there," she admitted and pulled out her phone. "Looks like Chris and Peter plan to interrogate Alpha Ryan." She looked at Derek before continuing. "What would you like me to do?"

Derek looked at Stiles and then at Erica. "Alpha Ryan said something about getting a license for mating, but he couldn't have done so without going through us.

Erica nodded. "True but he didn't go through us. So..." she trailed off.

"That means someone was going to help him," Derek said with a low growl. "Someone was going to help him and that someone cause my ma-Stiles to get hurt."

"I know, Derek," Erica said softly, able to feel his pain over the injuries to the young fox. "Question is, who would do such a thing?" she puzzled as she leaned against the doorway.

"Who indeed? Here's what's going to happen..." he started and breathed out. "Chris and Peter will interrogate Alpha Ryan. You will stay here and run the company while keeping your amazing eagle eye on the lower downs in the company," he instructed.

"Me? Der, I know I'm your assistant but that's a lot to–" she began before Derek cut her off.

"I trust you. Erica you're my best friend and I love you. So, when I say you'll run the company it's because I know you are more than capable of doing so. I trust you more than anyone else aside from my uncles. So, I know you can do this. You will do this," he stated with no room for argument. Derek knew sometimes Erica undervalued herself, but he meant every word of what he said.