Alpha Yours, Omega Mine: Chapter #18 - Answers

POV: Erica

Erica was a reasonable and responsible person who, when necessary, would be all bite and no bark but never without reason. So, when she received a text from Chris Argent, she felt perfectly justified in her reaction.

[Chris]
Erica. Seems the alpha didn't need too much convincing to give up the name of the person helping him. Neither Peter or I know who she is but the name he gave us is Maddie. Maybe you'll know who it is.

Erica's eyes widened and a growl rumbled in her throat. "That bitch," she spat her voice low and venomous. She knew exactly who it was, and it took every ounce of self-control she possessed not to go after the bitch. No, it had to be done right.

At that moment, all they had was Alpha Ryan's word and there was a reason Maddie hadn't been caught yet. So, Erica headed to her office as calmly as she could, shut the door and took a seat at her desk. Being Derek's second had a lot of perks but namely having his trust meant she could access files that no one else could. Whether they were employee files, financial files, investment files, coding files, security files or any of a dozen others, she had access. So, she set to work, rifling through them at an alarming speed yet with perfect accuracy.

🐺⋅☆⋅🦊

Not more than an hour later, Erica had all the evidence that she needed to make a move but of course she had to tell Derek what was up. Then again, she was tempted to wait. The more ammunition she could gather, the more she'd have to throw when the time came, right? Plus, it might help to reach out to a computer whiz to see if they could access Maddie's computer remotely. Erica picked up her phone and dialed.

"Hello, goddess divine," a man purred through the phone.

Erica rolled her eyes playfully. "Danny boy we play for different teams but you're cute, so I'll let it slide," she purred back.

"Well, I can still call you that unless it's no longer true. Just because my tastes are more muscles than curves doesn't mean I can't appreciate a gorgeous woman," he replied. "Anyways. What did you need?"

Erica took a deep breath. "I need you to remote access a company computer and possibly a personal computer that may have been used on company time," she explained.

"You want me to hack one of Derek's company computers?" he asked incredulously.

"Yes, Danny. Someone who works here has betrayed Derek and that same person hurt someone that Derek loves," she explained quietly.

Danny was quiet but Erica could hear the clack of keys. "Name of the employee?" he asked.

"Maddie Kensington," she spat angrily. "Sorry. I'm not mad at you but—"

"But nothing. Someone hurt Derek and someone Derek loves. Ergo you have every right to be mad," he stated.

Erica smiled, knowing that Derek had so many people who cared about him. "Thank you, Danny," she said softly.

"You're welcome," he mused. "Alright. So, Maddie Kensington's company computer has been accessed sporadically throughout the past year, but her personal computer has been used on company time using a backdoor access to the company files. Fuck!" he exclaimed.

"What's wrong?!"

"Oh, shit Erica," he scoffed, tone full of anger. "She has access to things she should not have access to. Including but not limited to Derek's personal file, coding and—Oh good grief," his voice grew louder, and Erica sank back in her chair.

"Mole in the company. Der will be crushed. Wait, why does she have Derek's personal file?" she inquired.

"It seems she made a note to flag any omega applications that came in with characteristics that aligned with Derek," he stated.

"How many?"

"Only one," he replied. "Did you know that Derek's percentage with this omega is 100%?" he asked. "Isn't that like unheard of?"

Erica fumbled for Stiles's file and opened it. "You said 100%?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Because in the file Maddie printed it says 97%," she said, her stomach churning.

"Wait. Why would a 3% decrease matter?" Danny asked, confused.

"Because perfect matches are not only rare but once a perfect match is made, it cannot be undone. For some reason Maddie waited for Derek's match to come along and then altered it. She had to know Der would say no when matched and then I guess Alpha Ryan was the next candi—" She froze.

"Erica?"

"Danny what was Alpha Ryan's actual percentage?" she asked.

"Alpha who?" he asked, the sound of clacking keys echoing through the phone.

"Alpha Ryan?"

"Um Erica there is no match under that name," he informed her. "There were only two names when his results came through. Alpha Derek and Alpha Carson."

Erica's heart pounded in her chest, her anger boiling over as she dug her claws into the underside of her desk. Erica just knew her eyes were glowing, but she didn't care. "Danny, I need you to copy all of that to a flash drive and send it to me. Der needs to know that some fucker tried to keep him from his mate. He needs to know that we have to watch ourselves and look after each other," she fumed.

"Already on it," he said. "Also, it may interest you to know that the work order Derek put in for the downed security camera coincides with a command from Maddie's computer to disconnect that specific camera."

"What the hell is wrong with them?" she seethed, her eyes flashing brighter in the dim light of her office.

"Well, she put a note that said the camera needed to be down to ensure Derek wouldn't be at the desk when Alpha Ryan escorted the omega ou—" he explained but Erica cut him off before he could finish explaining.

"Stiles!" she yelled but then took a deep breath to calm herself before repeating the name. "His name is Stiles," she said softly.