Alpha Yours, Omega Mine: Chapter #5 - Hello

POV: Stiles

Stiles knew he was staring, and he knew that he should find a new object of interest. After all, his mother taught him that staring was rude but the gorgeous man at the desk had him entranced in both the best and the worst way possible. He swallowed thickly, not in fear necessarily, but more in an attempt to gather his courage. It didn't help that his throat was dry as fuck right now. Mostly likely, it was a feeble attempt to appear confident when he was anything but.

Slowly after taking another steadying breath, Stiles walked towards the desk and just like the door felt like it had been getting further away, the desk also seemed to be getting further away the more he walked. After what felt like ages, he was just a few feet from the desk. That alone made Stiles feel like he deserved an award or even a pat on the back. He looked at the man behind the desk and softly cleared his throat before speaking. "H-Hello. I'm um—I-I'm Stiles. Stiles Stilinski. I'm here for my Alpha Yours interview."

🐺⋅☆⋅🦊

POV: Derek

Derek's gaze immediately went back to the security cameras. After all, that was his job. Well, it was his job at the current moment anyways. He could hear the Omega begin to walk towards him and could feel his wolf thrashing about. Why? Well, for reasons Derek was quick to smother. He watched as the Omega got right up to the desk and when he did, Derek could scent the uncertainty coming off the poor thing in waves. Derek was impressed with the Omega that he wasn't cowering more and surely; he deserved a pat on the back for that.

He took a few minutes to savor the soft breathing of the Omega. Derek listened to the racing but slowly steadying heartbeat with a slight skip to it every now and then. Then came the smell and it had Derek's wolf going crazy once again, despite Derek's best efforts to contain it. If he was just any alpha, he'd have been much more eager to get to know the Omega. Perhaps, he would even strike up a conversation with him, but he wasn't just any alpha.

He was Derek Hale and as such, he wouldn't be affected by—but then the Omega spoke, and it made Derek's insides turn to mush at the soft but sure tone. Oh hell. Yep. Yeah. This was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea, but Derek could remain professional. He could absolutely remain professional. Right?

The alpha took a deep breath, careful not to breathe too deeply and risk inhaling anymore of the Omega's scent. Although if he really wanted to get a good scent, he could just-No. Derek internally blanched at his rapidly declining mental state before he composed himself and looked up. "Hello, Omega Stilinski. We've been expecting you."

🐺⋅☆⋅🦊

POV: Stiles

Stiles was sure he'd done something wrong, despite not really having done anything yet because the gorgeous man at the desk hadn't said a word. Stiles immediately went over the checklist in his head that Lydia had instilled in him. Surely, he had to have missed something. He followed the email instructions to a t and there was nothing he could think of that he missed. Did he not use the right soap? No, that was impossible. Allison had specifically helped him select the perfect unscented soap that made Stiles melt and preen and even purr. It had made his skin so soft. So, if it wasn't the soap what else was it?

He gave himself a once over, as subtle as he could, and there was nothing out of place. Well unless you count Stiles himself. The longer he stood in the building of Alpha Yours, the more he realized that in a building as nice as this, perhaps he should have taken Lydia up on the high-end fashion option. Despite wanting to stay true to who he was, maybe that's exactly what he shouldn't have done. It hadn't worked so well for him thus far when it came to finding a mate. Now that he thought about it more, he probably looked like some college nerd who was a little too far from home and way out of his depth.