Alpha Yours, Omega Mine: Chapter #19 - Safe

Derek slept better than he had in a long time, and he knew why. It brought a smile to his face. When his eyes fluttered open, he found the spot next to him was empty and cold. He rolled onto his back and slowly sat up, listening for any sign of where Stiles was. He heard a quiet voice coming from downstairs and he made his way towards it.

"Yes dad. I promise I'm alright." Stiles paced the length of the study and then sank into the armchair. "No. I'm not mated but—" He caught sight of Derek and froze. At the alpha's smile, Stiles relaxed, and a shy smile formed on his face. "Huh?" he said in response to something his dad said.

Derek walked into the study and noticed how insistently his wolf was clawing to the surface. Both the wolf and the man wanted to be near their mate, but Derek stayed a good distance away for now.

Stiles's eyes widened. "Dad! It's not like that," he argued with a frown. Derek's wolf whined and didn't really think it all the way through before he was crowding Stiles and wrapping his arms around him. Stiles melted into the embrace. "You know you could just talk to him, right?"

Derek tilted his head and held out his hand, surprised when Stiles actually held the phone out to him. "Hello?"

"Is this Derek?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. I'd like to speak to you, and I want my son out of the room when I do so," he ordered but Derek simply gave a gentle squeeze to the back of Stiles's neck and smiled when the omega submitted. With a nod of reassurance from Derek, the omega's body lost its tension. Derek got up and left the room with a final glance over his shoulder.

"He's in the study and I'll head to the kitchen," Derek said as he crossed the room and went into his kitchen. "I'm all ears, sir."

"I need to know what your intentions are in regard to my son," he demanded.

"Well, if he's willing, I want to be his alpha."

"Wait what?"

"I want to be Stiles's alpha. I already have a soul bond with him and from the moment I saw him I—" Stiles's dad cut him off.

"So, this is about looks for you?"

"No, sir. Not entirely. Your son is a gorgeous omega as I'm sure you're aware, but he's more than just a pretty face. He's incredibly smart and I know that he's just been through hell at the hands of an alpha my company ensured he was matched with, but I take full responsibility for what occurred, and I intend to make sure the man responsible pays for what he did."

Stiles's dad was quiet for a moment.

"Sir? I swear on everything I own that no harm will come to him while he's with me and unless he tells me he doesn't want me, I won't leave his side. I promise and I know you don't know me but—"

"Oh, I don't know you personally, but I knew your mother, son." The other man's admission was uttered in a much softer tone.

Derek didn't know what to say to that. He hadn't expected to have any way to provide assurances to the man but now he knew this man would believe him. "I didn't know that," he whispered.

"I didn't expect you would, and I want to talk more about this, but I have to get back to work. When Stiles called and said he was safe but didn't know where he was, I panicked," he confessed. "My son is all I have left in this world."

"As his father, it's your right to be concerned and I don't blame you."

"Well, I appreciate that. I just didn't hear from him once during that week he was with the other alpha. So, please tell him he needs to text me once or even twice a day?"