CHAPTER 08

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The second class was the Potions class. The class took place in a dungeon. Draco sat next to Elysia and Harry just behind her.

Then, a man with rather long black hair burst into the room followed by his long robe; "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this magic." He said while walking to his table in front. "I don't expect you will understand the beauty and softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind and ensnaring the senses..."

He stopped again, looking at Draco who was grinning. "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

"Mr Potter!" shouted the professor. Everyone turned to look at Harry and saw him writing something. He quickly put his quill down after Hermoine elbowed him. "Our new... celebrity." Professor Snape said, looking at my Harry.

"What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" He asked.

"I don't know, sir," Harry answered while Hermoine's hand had shot into the air.

Elysia panicked. She might be next. But she doesn't know the answer!

'Oh, no does the professor expect us to remember all things in the book already?'

"Fame clearly isn't everything." He exclaimed, ignoring Hermoine's hand. "Let's try again, Mr Potter! Where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

"I don't, sir," Harry gave him the same answer.

Hermoine stretched her hand as high into the air as it would go.

"How about you, Miss Potter?" Professor Snape turned to her.

"I don't know... sir." Elysia shook her head. The bezoar she know was anything that inedible or undigested material found in the gastrointestinal tract. "Um, I think it's something in the stomach?" She tried her luck.

"Hm, thought you wouldn't open a book before coming, eh, Potters?"

Draco, Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle were shaking with laughter.

"Not funny..." Elysia said, grumping at them.

Before any of them could open their mouth, the professor continued asking Harry the third question; " What is the difference, between monkshood and wolfbane?"

Hermoine couldn't stand it anymore, she stood up, her hand stretching towards the dungeon's ceiling.

"I don't know, sir," Harry said. "I think Hermoine does, though, why don't you try her?" Harry said, heard by all the students in the dungeon.

"Put your hand down, you silly girl," The professor snapped at Hermoine. He walked towards their table and pulled out a stool. "For your information, Potter... asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful, it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite."

"Close enough, Elysia," Draco whispered to her.

She rolled her eyes as Professor Snape looked around the class, "Well? Why aren't you all copying this down?"

All of the students started to write it on their parchment. Suddenly, the professor said, "And a point will be taken from Gryffindor House for your classmate's cheek."

Later, Professor Snape put them all into pairs. Harry with Ron, Elysia was paired with Draco, Hermoine with Caitlyn, Laura with Crabbe, Pansy with Goyle and Blaise with another student. They were set to make a simple potion to cure boils.

"I'll get the ingredients, Elysia," Draco said.

"Let me help you," She told him after reading the ingredients for the second time.

"No, no. I'll get them," Draco said, "You can read the steps again so nothing will go wrong with the potion and maybe set up the cauldron."

"Again?"

"Again," And he went to gather the ingredients. Elysia mocked Draco as she began setting up the cauldron. In a few moments, she was done. She sat there with her head supported by her hand, reading the steps over and over.

"Miss Potter," Snape called.

"Yes, sir?" Elysia gulped.

"Why aren't you helping your partner to gather the ingredients?"

"I want to but he told me to read the steps and set up the cauldron," He told him the truth. "Um, did I set everything correctly?

"I see," He said and looked at her setup, "It's just the cauldron and the heat source. You did fine," And he walked away.

A few seconds later, Draco came with the ingredients in his hand; "Got it all here. Let's start!"

"Okay."

[759 words]