CHAPTER 24

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Elysia and Draco were walking to the Great Hall after their free time for lunch when someone called out her name

"Elysia!" 

Both of them turned around to see who called her and saw The Golden Trio.

"Oh, hey, guys," She waved at them with a smile as Draco gave them a nod. Blaise who was standing near the door called out to him and he left the group to walk up to his friend.

Once both of the Slytherin boys were out of sight, Hermione spoke; "El, we know what Professor Snape is after! It was the Philosopher's Stone!"

"What?" Elysia raised an eyebrow at her. She didn't know what kind of stone her friend is talking about.

"Philosopher's Stone was a legendary substance with properties. It's a ruby-red stone could be used to create the Elixir of Life , which made the drinker immortal."

"Oh," Was her only reply as she thought of something. "But Snape doesn't seems to be someone who wants to live for long..."

"We don't know but it has something to do with Nicolas Flamel... He own the Philosopher Stone after all," Hermione explained.

"We just want to tell you that we're going to Hagrid's tonight. He seems to know more about it."

"Okay, I'll go with you guys," Elysia replied with a nod. She furrowed her eyebrows, "But, do you still think the one who wants to take it is Professor Snape?"

"I'm positive" Harry said with confidence.

"Hm... Okay. We'll see, I guess."

A few hours later,

"Ugh... it has been 20 minutes since the time we agreed to meet! Where are they? If Rune found me here... I'm going to get bloody expel."

Elysia looked around as she tapped her feet on the floor. Soon, the Trio showed up and they walked towards Hagrid's hut. Harry knocked on the huge door and Hagrid swung it open wide.

"Oh, hullo...! Don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no state to entertain," Hagrid said and moved to close the door.

"We know about the Philosopher Stone!" The three of them told him. They added, "We think Snape's trying to steal it."

"I have nothing against him..." Elysia whispered to herself.

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone. He won't steal it." Hagrid defended.

"Pardon?" Elysia titled her head.

"You heard meh... Come on, I'm a bit preoccupied today," Hagrid replied in a hurry.

"One of the teachers?" Elysia thought.

"Of course!" Hermoine shouted in realization, "There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there?"

"You mean like spells and enchantments?" Elysia looked at her bushy haired friend. "Or is there a professor that is constantly guarding it?"

"Yes, yes! Yer all are right..!" Hagrid answered quickly." Waste of yer bloody time, if yer ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Ain't a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore– I shouldn't have told you that..."

There are beads of sweat running down his face. Then all of them turned around as they hear a sound near the fireplace.

"H- Hagrid what is that?" Elysia asked, trying to take a better look at what was there.

"That? It is, er..."

"I know what it is!" Ron beamed. "It's a dragon egg!"

"A dragon egg?!"

As they looked at each other, the egg began t hatch. A few moments later, a little dragon emerged from the egg.

"I have never seen a dragon before... Or a baby dragon..." Elysia said in adoration.

"That's a Norwegian Ridgeback!" Ron said after examining it. He added, "My brother Charlie works with these in Romania."

"Isn't he beautiful?" Hagrid cried as the dragon crawled to him. "Oh! Bless him, look... He knows his mummy– Hehe... Hallo, Norbert"

"Norbert?" Elysia and Harry questioned him in the same time.

"Yeah, well, he got to have a name, doesn't he?" Don't you, Norbert?"
Hagrid smiled at it. Norbert backs away, hiccupped and blew a small fireball into Hagrid's beard. "Ohh! Oooh, ooh, ooh! Well... he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course."

Norbert let out another  hiccup. 

"Huh? Who's that?" Hagrid asked as he looked out the window, his eyebrows furrowed.

"That's Anderson... And Malfoy," Harry said slowly as he recognized the two.

"Well, erm– We should head back to our common rooms. Quickly," Elysia said.

'Why are they here?' She though to herself as they rushed out of Hagrid's hut, waving him goodbyes.

The four of them were walking back through a corridor when Harry said, "Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told us so the first time we met him."

"It's crazy. And worse, Anderson knows... And Malfoy too, I guess," Ron said, a little confused.

"I don't think it's that bad?" Elysia said, thinking,"If they report us for breaking the curfew, they'll get the same punishment! I don't think they'll do something that stupid to affect the Slytherin points."

"Ahem... Good evening."

They stopped on their tracks as McGonagall, in her nightgown, appeared in front of them.

Ryan appeared smugly beside her, Draco behind him, looking rather worried and tired.

A few moment later all six of them were standing in front of McGonagall's desk inside of her classroom.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night," Professor McGonagall said, making Elysia groaned but wanted to smile at the same time. She was right; Ryan and Draco will receive the same punishment as them, whatever they are. "Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken,"

"50?!" The four of them asked in suprise.

"Each," Professor McGonagall added sternly. "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all six of you will receive detention."

Ryan nodded, then his smile vanished.

"Excuse me, Professor." He took a few steps closer towards Professor McGonagall, "Perhaps I heard you wrong... I thought you said...'the six of us.'?"

Draco sighs rather loudly.

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Anderson," Professor McGonagall turned to him "You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates."

Harry, Elysia, Hermione and Ron grinner at him, making him scowled at them.

[1036 words]