CHAPTER 25

An hour later, all six of them were being led to Hagrid's hut by Mr. Filch.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time when detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons..." Mr. Filch gave them a rather creepy grin. "God, I miss the screaming."

They looked at each other, not knowing how to respond to the creepy caretaker.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest," Mr. Filch told them as they approached the hut. He looked at Hagrid. "A sorry lot this, Hagrid– Oh, good God, man... You're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?"

Hagrid sniffed at his words, "Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony."

"Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be of his own kind." Hermione said, trying to make Hagrid see the bright side of the situation.

"Yes, it will be safer... for him, of course." Elysia added.

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't like Romania?" Hagrid said with a sniff "What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."

"Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you," Mr. Filch rolled his eyes.

"The forest?" Draco gulped.

"I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are–" Ryan stopped his word as we heard a howling sound; "Werewolves!"

 "There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Mr. Filch smirked at them as he waved his hand, leaving them to Hagrid. "Night-night."

"Right. Let's go," Hagrid called and led us toward the forest.

In the forest. We walked along a path to a tree. Hagrid stopped, bent down and dipped his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulled out his fingers and rubbed them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers.

"Hagrid, what's that?" Harry asked curiously.

"What we're here for... See that? That's a unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago," Hagrid explained, sighing. "Now, this one's been injured badly by something. So, it's our job to find the poor beast."

"Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me."

Both of them nodded, relief that they got to go with Hagrid.

Elysia was about to say something but stopped when she suddenly saw a large cloaked figure walking through the trees.

"Elysia?" She snapped out of her though when she heard Draco and Harry called.

"Yes?"

"Hagrid said we'll go together with erm– Anderson." Harry informed his sister. He was frowning as he was not very fond of the idea.

"Do we really need too?" Elysia looked at the two. She too, was not fond of the idea. Before she thought that Ryan just lacked the skill to communicate like a decent person, but now she knows for sure that she doesn't like him very much. As for Draco, she hasn't spoken to him yet. By the looks of it, he didn't want to be a part of this and was dragged by Ryan, but who knows...

"Wait!" Ryan shouted, "I want Fang!"

"Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward," Hagrid scoffed.

"Elysia used to beat people up in kindergarten, we'll be safe," Harry teased. He won't let her forget the incident.

"This is not the time, Harry..." Elysia pinched him on his arm.

"Alright... Off we go," Hagrid said as he handed Draco the huge oil lamp.