₁₉ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇꜱᴄᴀᴘᴇ

Sρσƚιϝყ ρʅαყʅιʂƚ ϝσɾ αʂʂαʂʂιɳʂ
ʅιɳƙҽԃ ιɳ ɱყ Ⴆισ
┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

That night Ava didn't even attempt to fall asleep. How could she sleep when she found out that her best friend was about to die. She had a plan. A stupid plan. A plan that would most likely get herself killed but she couldn't just sit back and watch the dark lord kill Hermione.

Ava has never been so reckless before. She was going to escape after this year is over — when she can fight and when the dark lord trusts her. This may ruin Ava's chance at escaping ever, but it's worth all the risk to save Hermione.

And so, Ava steps, as quietly as she can out of her bed. She looks at everyone and they are all sleeping as she tip-toes over to Hermione. Her heart is beating hard and fast in her chest, echoing in her ears as her breath comes out harsh and shaky.

Finally, Ava reached Hermione and crouched down at her bed. She wasn't sleeping as Ava had expected.

"What are you doing?" Hermione whispered, eyes wide.

"I'm getting us out of here," Ava said and Ava could have sworn she saw the hope that once glistened brightly in her eyes returned for a small second.

"What?" Hermione whispered again as she sat up in her bed.

Ava placed a finger on her lips as she muttered, "come on, we have to be quick and quiet."

Hermione took Ava's hand and they quietly stepped out of the room they had slept in for the past few months and stepped down the stairs and out into the training hall where they had once trained.

Still, they wore the white nightgowns they had been provided to sleep in. The baggy white material reached their knees, which left enough space to be able to move and fight. But the thin straps might let them down.

Their long hair fell down their back, they wouldn't waste any more time by tying their hair up.

It was dark, the hall only lit by the white moonlight shadowing in through the vast windows on the ceiling.

"Why are we doing this?" Hermione asked as she walked in a fast step with Ava.

"Because you saw your name, where you were ranked," Ava responded, "you will be eliminated in the tests — not the practice tests next week, but the real ones when this year is over."

"I know," Hermione said, "but when I saw my name at the bottom, I was the most happiest I have been since. . . before."

"What?" Ava stopped and whirled around.

"I want death," Hermione said and Ava furrowed her brows.

"Dont say that—"

"It's the truth," Hermione stepped forward, clasping her hand over Ava's, "I want to go. I told you I didn't want this life. But don't worry, you're helping me get out of here. We can escape together."

Ava still wasn't sure if she was going to leave with Hermione. But she was going to help her leave. Help her escape, no matter what. When the time came and Ava has to escape with Hermione, then so be it. If she has to leave her friends to fight for themselves and to leave Draco — which she isn't sure is a problem but a part of her wants to stay. . . for him.

But Ava knew that she was going to help Hermione get out. And when Ava escapes in a year, she will find Hermione.

"I promise you," Ava began, "I'm getting you out of here."

A genuine smile appeared on Hermione's lips, "I told you, you have always been the bravest of us all."

Ava returned the smile and then said, "we have to go."