₂₅ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ

Sρσƚιϝყ ρʅαყʅιʂƚ ϝσɾ αʂʂαʂʂιɳʂ
ʅιɳƙҽԃ ιɳ ɱყ Ⴆισ
┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

νι¢тσя

Victor didn't say a word as he lead Ava out of the hall. His large hand gripped firmly on her arm as he pulled her bloody and bruised body. And Ava had no choice but to follow in step. He dragged her all the way to a small room — a room which was probably an old classroom before the war.

When this castle was once a school seemed like forever ago now. But the memories still linger, a quiet echo of what once was.

Victor pulled out a chair for Ava to sit on. Ava looked at him, surprise, shock. Ava was confused. She wasn't sure what was the right thing to be feeling.

Victor still had his cloak over his head, Ava still couldn't see his face. But he waved out an arm, gesturing Ava to sit.

"Please, sit," His words were deep. And they echoed off the walls. The table and two chairs being the only pieces of furniture in the room.

Ava forced her legs to move forward, her eyes still remaining on his hooded face. The chair creaked as Ava sat down and only when she was sitting, did Victor sit opposite her. The table separated the two, but the tension was still high.

Not even an hour ago, they were fighting to the death and now they calmly sit opposite each other. Ava remained on alert, watching his every move and she had no dought that he was watching hers too.

She could still taste the blood on her lip and she could feel the blood that was dribbling from the wound on her head, now dried on her skin. She had a sharp pain in her ribs and her legs were filled with pain.

Worse of all she still wore the same white nightgown she has been wearing since her failed escape. It now had rips in, it was covered in dirt and blood and it was no help in keeping Ava's small body warm.

"You fight well," Victor said, breaking through the wall of silence between them. He leant back in his seat. He seemed so much more relaxed than a few minutes ago in the hall with the dark lord.

"So you've said," Ava bravely responded.

Some sound of a laugh came from him. Ava still remained with her eyes glued to him. Waiting.

"Do you know who I am?" he questioned.

He spoke as she should. Like she should fear him.